t h i r t y t w o

Jimin P.O.V.

Earlier That Morning

I woke up again finding myself completely bored in Tina's room. I rolled over in the empty fresh sheets basking the light scent of coconut and jasmine. 

It was sweet, but there was a hint of spice like...patchouli? 

I know this perfume. I recognize it. I tried to recall the faint smells that felt so familiar to me. And then it hit me, I do know this perfume. 

I haven't smelled this in years.

It was the smell of "Angel" by Thierry Mugler. My Tina hated what she called "frilly" perfumes. She never liked things like vanilla or anything that was overly sweet. 

She always thought that perfumes like that were trying too hard to smell good. She liked spice and truthfully, I could never imagine a better scent on her.

Tina was wild and fearless. Something as safe and soft as vanilla could only insult the integrity of her spitfire being.

I almost found myself longing to lay here and allow the memories of her run through my mind. I can't remember the last time I found myself being reminded of her like this. This Tina was almost the spitting image of my burning platinum past.

I shook my head in bed and buried my face in the perfumed pillow. 

I have to stop doing this. 

I need to stop comparing the two before I end up blurring them together. I decided instead to lose myself in my phone until I could will myself to get out of bed.

Instagram it is. 

I was scrolling through my feed mindlessly. These damn advertisements are getting out of hand. It feels like, after every post, I'd get an ad. It's almost creepy knowing how relative these ads are becoming. 

Tattoo removal? I chuckled to myself. Data tracking is only getting crazier these days.

I nearly shot up in my bed at the thought. 

Tattoo removal

I never thought of it before. Someone can easily have a tattoo removed. 

Just like Tina could, but would she? And why? It was dizzying to ponder. Would she really have gotten her tattoo removed? And why would she go to such lengths to conceal herself? Does she hate me that much? 

Was she really trying that hard just for this job? I'm sure BigHit was paying her plenty, but did she need it? I almost started to panic at the idea that Tina needed money. It was nauseating to think.

I tried to brush off those thoughts again and an idea popped in my head. If I want to find out more about Tina and finally put this ridiculous idea to rest, I'm going to need to get her alone. I needed her away from everyone and in a space where she couldn't run to someone else instead. 

I almost laughed at my own insanity. 

I'm just going to kidnap Tina and force her to tell me the truth. 

Assuming that there was some truth to be told. Alternatively, I found myself adoring the idea of being alone with her. I was really missing her, and she just left a couple hours ago.

I wanted to try to make her smile, too. 

The thought of seeing an actual smile on that girl gave me flutters. Her smile was always gleaming, and when she looked genuinely happy, I found myself smiling just as well. This morning when she scurried off from me all flushed from kissing me goodbye, I felt giddy.