f o r t y s i x

Tina P.O.V.

I stared at my door, eyebrows raised as far as they could go, in complete disbelief over what had just occurred.

What the fuck is going on with him?

The image of him replayed in my mind as I attempted to process his actions. He was wearing his ring. He knew I was wearing mine, or at least he guessed it. And he seemed fairly pleased about it. I was incapable of ridding myself of the image of that glorious smile on his face after he discovered it.

He looked relieved, his eyes crinkling shut as the ring made its entrance in his hands. He seemed happy. That both comforted and terrified me. Maybe he doesn't hate me as much as I thought. However, considering how things have played out these past few days, that may not be a good thing.

I know that I can't continue my romantic liaison with him. It's too dangerous; the territory is heavily coated with the contaminations of our troubles down the road. Whether or not Seulgi finally gave up on Jimin after the fiasco in my room, which still makes me shudder, I couldn't risk her popping up on us or calling around to keep an eye on us.

I might not have been as worried if her threats were directly targeted at me, but the second she mentioned jeopardizing Jimin, I knew I had to prioritize his safety above my feelings. No matter what the consequences were.

But now, he was smiling at me and fretting about my wellbeing. And that was not something for me to gush over. I can't let us fall back into what we were. Not if that means his career and reputation in South Korea are at risk. It's not as simple as when celebrities have scandals in America. The tabloids go insane, and in turn, the fans become chaotic. Simple rumors about the boys dating cause enough of a frenzy, but a lawsuit about Jimin trying to lunge at Kang Seulgi?

That would result in lunacy. The spewing hatred and madness that could come from that isn't something to be taken lightly. It is damaging, and Jimin has worked too tirelessly for it to instantly go up in flames like that. Not to mention how BigHit would react to the whole ordeal.

So, I stood there, thinking about how in the hell I'm going to manage to keep him at arm's length without making him snap...again. Being in this hotel with him and around him all day long isn't going to work. So, I'd have to spend as much personal time away from them as I could.

My body stiffened as my thoughts dissipated at the sudden knocking at my door.

It's not Jimin again, is it?

I stopped breathing. Hell, I didn't even blink. I was so terrified of what he was going to do next in his drunken state. I couldn't move, not even to turn off the lights and pretend like I was asleep. I was too terrified of all the possibilities of him being out there and realizing I was trying to ignore him.

But the knocks came again, this time, feverishly. Someone was really trying to get into my room.

And again.

And again.

I finally let go of the breath I had been holding and staggered toward my door. Hands shaking, I reluctantly reached for the handle, trying to conjure up some way to get whoever was here, back to his room without hassle.

I swung the door open to find a slumped over Jungkook, draped against my doorway.

"K-Kookie?" I stuttered.

"What are you doing in here?" He managed to slur out.

"What do you mean? It's my room." I tilted my head in confusion to his bewilderment.