f i f t y s i x

Jimin P.O.V.

I was lying there, in bed, staring at the slumbering girl before me. I was absolutely mystified when I first woke up. As last night came back to mind, I slowly began to recall that Tina did indeed sleep in here; she was still sleeping in here. She didn't leave this time.

I found myself unconsciously smiling like a complete idiot at the sight before me. I was so happy.

Until a haunting thought dawned on me, causing my stomach to fall out of my ass.

Taehyung.

I hadn't spoken to Taehyung since going off on him yesterday about sleeping with Tina. And they didn't. Taehyung wouldn't. I knew I owed him some kind of apology. And it was probably better to get it out of the way before we were all subjected to being in the same room with each other.

I slowly shifted away in the bed we had shared and attempted to get up before I heard movement coming from behind me. Along with a...moan? It was faint, but it sent a shiver straight up my spine. I hadn't heard her do that in a while, but I had to go talk to Taehyung. I tried to get off the bed when I felt a light tug on the sleeve of my shirt.

"Why are you leaving?" Tina childishly whispered.

My grin instantly came back. Too fucking cute, I thought. I turned back to see her bright jade eyes beaming widely at me again. There was this life in her eyes that was completely lacking in the rest of her face. She looked drained and I couldn't help but feel like it was my fault to a certain extent.

It was time I fixed some of that.

"I'll be right back," I chuckled. "I promise."

I leaned in and kissed her on the cheek as she lightly groaned. I got off the bed while Tina kept her hold on my arm until I was out of her reach. If I hadn't gone off the deep end with everybody about her, I could've just stayed in bed with Tina until we had to leave.

I left the room, shutting the door quietly behind me, as I slowly approached my best friend's room. I knocked softly, hoping not to create too much noise, but loud enough for him to hear it. I heard nothing coming from inside his room, so I knocked again, a bit louder this time as I called out for him from outside.

This time, I heard quick footsteps hustling to the door. It cracked open slightly as I saw him peeking through.

"Hyung?" Taehyung croaked, opening the door wider.

"Who did you think it was?" I jokingly accused.

"No one," he nervously chuckled.

"Can I come in?" I asked, still standing outside his room.

Taehyung stepped aside, allowing me entry. As soon as I had walked in, I felt the thick tension of being alone with him as all the memories of how I lashed out at him came back. I felt awkward, considering that I accused Taehyung, my best friend, of sleeping with the girl I had become so emotional over.

We stood in front of each other, fiddling with our fingers, scratching our necks, waiting for the other to say something.

"I owe you an apology," I finally blurted out, knowing that this was entirely my fault to begin with.

Taehyung quickly brought his gaze up from the ground to meet mine. His brows shot up in shock.

Why else would I be here, pabo?

He stayed quiet as we both took a seat on his bed. I sighed heavily, trying to rack my brain around where to start. Taehyung was my best friend, and I couldn't imagine not being anything but happy when I'm with him.