Chapter2- The Nightlock

On top is Older- by Sasha Sloan...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
(At the same time elsewhere)
Sidd POV
Another day another dawn. Nothing new to look forward to in my life these days. WAIT, god today is the 19th of May! That means she's coming today!!! I gotta go remind Faisu! 

It's 6:00 am and I get up as usual and brush my teeth, then I practically drag myself down to the dining table and lazily make myself some cereal.  That's when my very energetic sis walks in--

Reem: Hola new day!!! (She slightly pecks me on the cheek before sitting down on the table next to me and making her own cereal...) (my sister had slept off at a 'friends' house)
Sid: do you always have to be so energetic? You're practically wasting you're energy on these useless things such as smiling... and jumping around and shit like that!
Reem: whoa! Like they say live life to the fullest! Unlike you... all you do is eat sleep and repeat! At this rate you're gonna get fat!
(At that I pull my shirt up and show her my six pack which for that matter had sees atleast a million times before... I mean she's my sis... what do you expect!)
Sid: I don't think that's gonna happen anytime soon dumbass!
Reem: can you go even one day without swearing?!
Sid: (in a singsong voice) impossible!!!
--I take a fresh shirt from my wardrobe and put it on as I through the one I was previously wearing in the wash--
-- that's when mom walks into the room and gives both of us a kiss on the forehead as she pours oats into our cereals and we both snicker--
Reem: yuck... who even likes oats?
Sid: umm...Faisu! Speaking of whom I gotta go meet today. Well and I'm getting late...
--we practically hog our cereal down and I head out the door picking up my bike keys in the way... I put on a leather jacket and if I go!
I get in the bike and zoom away... on the way I stop at a bakery which is near this huge mansion and pick up some breakfast for Faisu.(6:26~ 6:32 am)
Then I get back in the bike and zoom drive for a couple of minutes until I reach the warehouse. I hop in and there's the one and only Faisu, lying asleep on a hammock which he'd made.--
Sid: (whispering) Faisu! FAISU!!! Wake up!
Faisu: (mumbling and smiling in his sleep) yeah... of course I'll go with you...
Sid: umm? Ohhhh I think he's dreaming about some girl... I'm gonna make this embarrassing!

-- I snuggle up beside him and softly put my hand on his cheek--
Sidd (whispering at him whose still asleep) : (trying to make an obnoxious female voice) oh Faisu you're so beautiful! I wanna go on a date with you...
Faisu: (still mumbling) yesssss?
Sidd: (still in the female voice) of course... I want candle light dinner. And then we can sleep together under the starts. And-and then I'll kiss you!!! (Making awkward circles on Faisu's face)
Faisu:(still mumbling in his sleep) realllyyyyy?
Sidd: (continues) oh my god! Why are you looking at Anarkali!!! I hate you!!! BREAK UP! (Throws him off the hammock as he instantly gets up from his sleep)
Sid: HAHAHHAAHA!
Faisu: What the fuck dude!!!!!
Sid: who're you dreaming about so early in the morning?!!
Faisu: (becoming red) no one!! Shut up yaar! Anyway what the hell are you doing here?
Sid: I'm here to remind you that she is coming today!
Faisu: who?
Sid: our client! Who else!
Faisu: Ohhh! Is it 19th?! Already?
Sid: yeah! Get ready... she's gonna be here by 10am! There's your breakfast...(pointing at the bag with the bread) And go take a bath!
Faisu: ugh! Fine...
-- so I eventually drag him into the shower and leave him there to rot...
The end!

Just Kidding... I left him there so he could take a bath and he eventually came out smelling like a human... unlike his usual- um... stench. --
-- by then it was 7:30 and we eventually decided to go for a short jog- more like walk--
(While walking)
Faisu: I've decided to start working... I found a job...
Sid: whoa! When did that happen?
Faisu: it just did! I'm starting my career as a model. Tomorrow I have a photo shoot with some girl as my partner...
Sid: Oooooo! Take it slow with her ;)
Faisu: oh shut up.
Sid: heheh! (In that female voice) oh Faisu let's go to candle light dinner!!

-- He elbows me hard in the stomach... this time I deserved it... then we go get ice cream and start to head back to the warehouse...--
--at the warehouse we open the attic and take out a lose floorboard. From there we take out a small silver suitcase. We pop it open and take out a series of belts and bullet proof armor... along with that we take out a 2 Glock19 pistols and put them in the belt which we put on. We also take out a few pairs of daggers which we put into the slits in our shoes.
Those daggers are filled with memories. Memories which even include the first time we bought them, our first mission.
I tilt it up in the light and take a good, recalling the first time I held it at combat. My hand shook when I first jabbed it through flesh. I remember the look on my victims face. Pure, sheer, pain. My hand no longer shakes when I hold it, or use it. We've come a long way since then. Faisu and I share a knowing look. I clean and sharpen it and then put it back into the slit in my shoe.

Then we take out 2 full coverage masks which reveal only our eyes and mouth, and then take out a pair of contact lenses which change the color of our eyes and put them on. We put on pairs of completely normal jeans and loose button up t-shirts. 
Then we close up whatever was left in that case and securely put it back inside the loose floorboard.--
Faisu: you're sure we wanna do this?
--Fear. Recently Faisu has been wanting to give this up. He's been getting more unsure about doing this to survive. But I cant back out. Its my sport. It keeps me going. An outlet for my agony.--

Sid: (clear anger in his voice) are you doubting your capabilities or forgetting you motive?
Faisu: neither. Let's go.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
(8:54am)
-- we hear a knock on the door indicating that she's here... we open the door and she steps in and waves to her bodyguards to wait outside as she closes the door behind her...
Once the room falls completely silent she gives a nod indicating that it's safe to speak...
Sid: You're early.
Lady: I just couldn't wait... you both make it so irresistible.
Faisu: just get to the point will you!
Lady: oh... you mustn't speak rudely to someone who's gonna pay you-
Sid: you must have legitimate respect for someone you're dependent on.
Lady: (now getting annoyed) you guys just have this charm that simply attracts me don't you-
Sid: what do you want from us and for how much?!
Lady: fine! If you're so desperate to get to the point!- I want you to get me a price gem... it's known as the Victoria's Nightlock. It's being brought into the Sans Museum tonight and will be shipped out tomorrow. You're going to have to steal it tonight! Fail and I will punish you... but succeed and I will reward you with 10crore- in cash.
(Siddharth's hand clenching into a fist)
Sid: a petty robbery.
Faisu: hmmm.... this doesn't seem life too hard a job- why did you contact us. Why no one else?

Lady: oh! This gem will be heavily guarded in every possible way!... I'm giving you a full layout of all the entire security layout... you're going to have to get through them, get the gem and get out!
Sid: Easy.
Lady: sure it is... and along with that I would like to award you both with these...
(Hands then both sharp daggers thinking that they were going unarmed, never the less, they accept)
Sid: So... I suppose we're done here. We'll meet again tonight.
(The lady turns around to leave but suddenly stops midway as turns to face them again)
Lady: Wait! I would like one more thing! I would like to know your identities....!
Sid: (Shares glances with Faisu, smirking under the mask) why should we tell you-
Lady: honey we both are criminals... we should trust one another! For instance my name-
Faisu: we have no intention of knowing!
Lady: (now angry) I am Aadaya Misra, and I would like to know your names too!
Sid: Alright... I'm Rohit Sehen and this is Adhan Sehen...
Lady: and your faces?
Sid: that's not any of your business! Don't push your luck.
Faisu: we'll give you only what you want, no more, no less. Now go. And come back at exactly 12:30am- With the cash!

Lady: with pleasure! (She steps out the door and drives away.)
Sid to Faisu: I feel like it's not as easy as it looks...
Faisu: I know it's not! You know how close we were to getting caught last time!
Sid: don't remind me... let's figure out a strategy.
Faisu: You know that what we're doing is wrong...
Sid: (calmly) But we could use that money.
Faisu: (a glint of anger in his voice)But this isn't the right way!
Sid: (angrily) Are you In or Out!?
Faisu: (sighs, knowing he'd go with or without him) I'm in. 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Vomment!
For all those who're wondering Avu and Sid are gonna meet within the next few chaps!

(editing and improving, 18/03/22)

<—Sidneetography—>