Chapter49- Sacrifising Happiness

Avu POV
Avu: so... what's my next project?
Rohan: I'll tell you. Get to the studios NOW!
(Cuts the call)
(Driving back to her studios at Zayn enterprises)

Avu: (walking into Mr. Mehra's office)
Avu: you called for me Sir.
Rohan: yes Baby!
Avu: I am not your baby.
Rohan: (clearing his throat annoyed) So your next project, Ms. Kaur is going to be a huge opportunity. One that not everyone gets!
For the first time in our company's history we are doing a collaboration with a billion dollar top company!
The Bon Bros Records!
This will give you a huge popularity boost, along with benefiting this company. There should be no distractions, and certainly no mistakes!
Avu: there will be none sir.
Rohan: Pack your bags. We and the team are leaving tomorrow.
Avu: Where too Sir?
Rohan: Dubai.
~~~

Jaan POV

(Avu in her room talking to Jaan)
Avu: he said were going to Dubai.
Jaan: which company are you collaborating with?
Avu: some Bon Bros Records or something...
Jaan: (quite literally chocking on the water she was drinking) THE BON BROS RECORDS?! Are you serious!
Avu: why? Is it some shitty company?
Jaan: You haven't heard of the BON BROS RECORDS! Only the biggest, topmost billion dollar company in all of Dubai!
Avu: so?
Jaan: what do you mean so?! This is... insane! People would kill to simply take one step into their headquarters and here you are doing a FRICKING COLLABORATION with them!
Avu: how come I've never heard of them?
Jaan: (sighing) you were too engrossed in your work that you completely disregarded news and social media... but literally this opportunity could make you one of the most famous people in the world!
Avu: (monotonically) yay.
Jaan: least now be happy! Were going abroad to work with a humongous company and according to these files, they're financing everything!
Avu: but that's the problem! I'm leaving Siddharth behind!
Jaan: If you flunk this opportunity I will literally not forgive you!
Avu: but why would I need to go to Dubai when I'm doing perfectly fine here! I'm thinking about rejecting the offer. Someone else can take my part!
Jaan: (now getting very angry and annoyed but taking in a deep breathe and calming) Listen Avneet! I understand that Siddharth meant a lot to you! I know that you could do anything for him! But think rationally girl! This opportunity can change your entire career!
Avneet: But I don't want to go to Dubai!
Jaan: (now losing her temper) AVNEET KAUR GET out of your unreal dreamland and look at the world the way it is! Siddharth is dead Avneet! HE's NOT GOING TO COME BACK! All this time youre talking to Siddharth but you have to know that he's never going to talk back to you! You're ruining your entire life Avneet! SO STOP LOOKING BACK AT YOUR PAST! Forget Siddharth! And MOVE ON!
(Jaan, Taking a deep breath and immediately clasping her mouth with her hands as she realizes what she just said and regret washes away all other feelings)
(Avu's eyes just cold and lifeless as she shows no emotion and just picks Sana up from the ground, takes a turn and walks out the door, leaving a very guilty Jannat)
—Shit! What have you done Jannat! What had overcome of you that made you say any of that to Avu!—

(Faisu walks in and wraps his arms around the sobbing girl)
Faisu: What's wrong?
Jaan: (tears rolling down her eyes) I hurt Avneet. Badly. (Through sobs) And now she's not going to forgive me.
Faisu: She's your best friend Jannat. Of course she'll forgive you.
Jaan: no. I wouldn't forgive me if I was her.
Faisu: But you're not Avneet.
~~~

Avu POV
(At the graveyard, sitting in front of Sid's grave)
"Jaan: STOP LOOKING BACK AT YOUR PAST! Forget Siddharth! And MOVE ON!"
Avu: dont worry about it Sid. I will never forget you. Never ever.
Sana: (also purring in agreement)
Avu: but what do you think Sana... should I reject the application? I dont really want to leave everything here and go to Dubai!
Sana: (staring at her grimly)
Avu: or should I go to Dubai?
Sana: (her eyes now having a little more glimmer)
Avu: do you want to go to Dubai, Sana?
Sana: (purring happily and roaming around Avu)
Avu: mm... and what about you Sid?
Avu: you think I should go don't you?