Chapter41- Hope

⚠️This chapter contains self harm.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
4:15am
Avu POV
—I watch as they walk Siddharth down the corridors in handcuffs and his eyes meet mine for a split second and all I expected to see in them is emptiness.
But instead there's some glitter to it.

Hope.

How on this fucking planet does he feel hope in a circumstance like this!
You stupid idiot! Sometimes I feel like I wanna slap him.
Childish armature kahi ka!—

Arishfa: (to me) Avu are you alright?
Avu: I'm not sure Arishfa. I think that he's getting hanged alright, but I'm the one about to lose my life.
Ari: Avu he's committed a crime and he has to face the consequences. And besides maybe it was just your own mistake to fall in love with such a disgusting person.
Avu: (her blood boiling) don't say such things! After all it's not like I check someone's resume before falling in love with them!
Ari: fine fine. Now calm down. Sit and drink some water.
Avu, you are a beautiful perfect girl. You can move on. Find someone more perfect for you than Siddharth.
Avu: (monotonic and cold) and you can mind your own business Inspector.

—how dare Arishfa say such things about Siddharth! How can she even believe that he committed murder!
What the hell kind of friend is she!—
Jaan: Avu. Calm down. She's only doing her job. And Arishfa's job doesn't involve her emotions Avneet. You have to understand how hard a police inspectors job can be.
She has to block out all her emotions and focus only and only on evidence.
In her own way, Avu, Arishfa is very brave.
Avu: and Ashnoor!? You're gonna tell me She's brave too right?
Jaan: no. Ash is just stupid.
(Jaan and Avu wrap their arms around each other as Avu stares at Sid walk into the room where he will breathe his last breaths. And the door closes behind him as two police officers guard the doors from outside)

I closes my eyes and squeeze Jannat a bit harder as I can hear a few muffled voices from the other side of the door and Arishfa walks out.
I think that the job is done. They have killed my Siddharth.
My hand rolls into fists and I scrape it against the stone walls beside me until I can feel needles pierce through and the blood starts to flow through the side of my hand as I start to scrape my elbow on the same spot.
Deep red blood flowing through my entire arm as I keep scraping even though my hand is now bleeding lavishly.
Jaan now realizing what I'm doing, but she doesn't stop me, which I'm thankful for.
She just stares at me constantly scraping my hand against the rough pointy stone as the blood trickles down the wall.—

Jaan: (not stopping Avu) By the way, Aadaya has shifted your lingerie shots to a week after this. She seems to me in a good mood about something.
Avu: good, because I think my scars will take time to heal.

—By now Siddharth should be dead and hanging from a rope inside that room, but why do I still feel like the other half of my heart is still beating.
Why does something tell me that Siddharth is still alive?
That's when I hear someone scream.—

Arishfa: NOOOO!
(Slapping one of the guards who were guarding the door as she swings the door open and Jaan and I make our way there to check the problem)
Arishfa: but HOW! How in the fucking world did he get away!
SIDDHARTH! I swear I will not spare you!
(Punching the walls a couple of times before stomping away hurriedly as a few other police follow her.)

—I walk into the room where Siddharth was supposed to be hanged. But all I find there is three collapsed police officers and an empty rope hanging off a pole.

Jaan bends down and checks the pulse of one of the police officers—
Jaan: as alive as ever.
Preet: (smelling their surrounding) Just a bit of chloroform. Should be back on their feet within an hour.