Chapter55- One Condition

Happy Birthday Siddharth and Abhishek Nigam! 🎉🎂
This chap's dedicated to you guys :) (then again ain't the whole book 😂)

Date: 13/09/2020
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jaan POV
—Today I will not spare you Siddharth Nigam!

The elevator reaches the 7th floor as I swipe my card and it turns yellow for a second before turning green.
He's let me in.

I walk out, but into an empty room, a bit of shuffling coming from the next room.

I walk into the next room only to have loads of crackers blast.
There in the room I can spot Ashi, Hasnain, Adnaan, Faiz and Shadan all standing around a big round cake which says
'Happy Birthday Rohit!'

It's Rohit's birthday today?

I walk in and everyone wishes him.—

Jaan: happy birthday Rohit.
Rohit: Oh hi! Great to see you here too.
Jaan: yea, I would like an urgent word with you after this.
Rohit: sure.

(He blows the candles and cuts the cake, giving everyone a slice)
—Chocolate cake.
And now that O see it, he looks a hell lot more like Sid then I thought!

I eat my slice of cake but anger still burns through me.
HOW IS HE HAPPY! He has no right to be!—

Jaan: um... could I have a moment with you Rohit. It's a very important personal buisness.
Rohit: sure. (Gesturing everyone else to leave as they nod and walk into the elevator)
—I hear the doors close behind me.

Avneet hasn't let out a genuine smile in years! And here you're celebrating your birthday!—
(Only Sid and Jaan in the room as Sid works himself down on another slice of chocolate cake)
Jaan: you didn't change one bit did you, Siddharth.
Rohit: I'm sorry who?
Jaan: Don't even bother trying that with me! I know you're you Siddharth Nigam!
Rohit: I'm still lost.
Jaan: I saw you confess it yesterday night! At the party! You yourself said that you're Siddharth.
Rohit: you mean when I was drunk?! I myself don't know what the hell I said when I was drunk!
Jaan: (now getting very angry) so you think you arn't Siddharth right!
Rohit: I'm not! And I think you're mad!
Jaan: Sana ki kasam khao!
Rohit: alright! I swear on whoever Sana is's life! I'm not Siddharth.
Jaan: (a little shocked) um... swear on your own life!
Rohit: fine! I'm not Siddharth!

—This guy is ready to swear on his own life that he's not Siddharth?! But how?

"Rohit: Call me by my real name Ashi! Just once.
Ashi: fine. Siddharth."

But he is Siddharth! I know he's Siddharth!

"Rohit: What kinda person just watches someone they love, with someone else and just sits back and stares?!
Ashi: so you do love Avneet.
Rohit: (sobbing into her shoulder) always."
This is your last hope Jannat. If this fails, then perhaps, he really isn't Siddharth.—

Jaan: Avneet! Swear on Avneet's life.

—I just watch as he sets his plate down and walks over to the next room with a file in his hand.
Is he ignoring me?!—

Jaan: Excuse me Rohit! Swear on her life! Why are you silent all of a sudden!
(Walking behind him as he tries to walk away and Jaan walks in front of him, blocking his path and looking him straight in the eye)

Jaan: why don't you just answer me. Just swear on Avu's life that you arn't Sid and I will walk away.
And besides why does it matter to you that Avneet lives or dies. What would it matter to you if Avu was no longer there anymore tomorrow-
Rohit: (fear and annoyance in his voice) Jannat!
(Jaan Glaring at him)
Jaan: so you are Siddharth.
Rohit: yes. I am Siddharth.
(Taking his fake specks off and putting it on the table next to him)