Chapter52- Sounds Familiar

Rohit POV
Ashi: it bothers you like hell doesn't it! The fact that she doesn't even recognize you, even to the slightest!
Rohit: no it doesn't. Not even a bit. In fact it gives me relief. Then my identity won't be anywhere close to revealed.
Ashi: then why is it that you're rambling through her magazine?
Rohit: no I'm not. (Putting the magazine aside)
Ashi: look Rohit. You may have changed your name, looks and identity, but there's still something that you can never change about yourself.
Rohit: (looking Ashi in the eye) what?
Ashi: your past. And that's your biggest obstacle.
Rohit: what obstacle! What the hell are you talking about?
Ashi: think about it! Your past is coming back to you Sid. And not just Avneet. Also Aadaya. She's keeping a close watch on you.
She already doubts that you're Rohit and has big suspicions that your actually Siddharth, the boy she wanted to kill three years ago.
You have to be very careful Siddharth. Don't be so submerged into your love life that you end up doing something that may prove that you're Siddharth Nigam.
Rohit: Rohit. I'm Rohit.
Ashi: right. Rohit. Stay conscious. And as far as Avneet is concerned, she's moved on right. You should too.
(Ashi walks out the door, not saying one more word to him)

— "Faisu: I don't think so. She's over you Siddharth. She doesn't give a damn about anything that happened in her past. She's moved on. "

Avu's moved on?
"Infact she's actually badly considering dating Rohan!"

Rohan?
Chi!

I look down at my watch, 11:34.
It's gym time.

I walk into the elevator and press the third floor where I swipe my card and the door opens to the gym.

I walk in and immediately hear some shuffling. Someone's already in here.
But who?!
I walk into the gym and there's some heavy breathing, as if someone's doing some excessive cardio.
I walk into the changing room and change into a loose shirt and sweatpants, my usual gym clothes and then walk straight to the bars, only to be greeted by a pleasant surprise.

Avneet and Jannat.

I walk up to them from behind, Avu doing pull-ups on the bars. —

Jaan: (to Avu) come on! Two more to go!
Jaan: 28!
(Avu struggling hard)
Jaan: You can do it Avu! You go girl!
Jaan: 29! One more!
Avu: I can't!
Jaan: shut up! You have to!
Avu: I can't!
Rohit: (cheering her) you have to! No one leaves something at 99% like this!
Avu: (breathing in as she pulls herself up with the last of her strength)
Jaan: 30! You did it!
Jaan: (to Rohit) by the way, Hello sir.
Rohit: (bursts out laughing) Sir? Just call me Rohit.
Jaan: oh. Alright. Sure.

—I look at Avu who's now panting and sweating badly, trying to take a few sips of water but her heavy breathing only stopping her.
I look down at her bare waist, exposed by her sports bra.
Her muscles strictly outlined. Six pack. Nice and strong.
But when since does Avneet have a six pack!! Last time I saw her, she was a frail little girl. Who didn't even eat much thanks to her diet!
How much has she changed?—

Rohit: I see you're fit! Who's your trainer?
Avu: (through heavy breathing) my brother. Faisu.
—that explains the excessive exercise. Faisu never gave his gym membership rest. Poor gym must be sobbing by now!—
Avu: Faisal Sheik. He was also my colleague once.
Rohit: chill. I've heard of him.

—I take my shirt off and grab onto the bar, pulling myself up.
Breathe in.
Breathe out.—
Jaan: so... you wanna go for lunch yet?
Avu: (through panting, that's getting a little better) let's sit for a bit, catch some breath.
Jaan: alright.

—So Avneet really doesn't recognize me?
There's only one way of finding out.—
Rohit: so say... you guys probably have love lives don't you?
Jaan: I'm dating the same Faisu that's her gym trainer. (Letting out a laugh)
Quite a stupid idiot!
Rohit: (smiling) and you Avneet?
Avu: I'm married.
Rohit: (almost chocking on his breath) you're married?!
Avu: no. Not really. But my heart belongs only to one.
Rohit: and that is?
Avu: it's not a tale I like to tell.
(Silence)
—27.