Chapter42- Rising Flames

On top is What about us by Pink.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Jaan POV

Avu: SIDDHARH!

--And there's a loud thump as the leather Jacketed boy's body hits the ground, unmoving.

Faisu and Abhishek immediately run to Siddhart's lifeless body which now lies in the middle of the street, but Avneet just stays rooted on spot. Pale and unmoving. Not even letting down her eyelid.

I just stare at her for a minute and then try to move her, but she still doesn't budge, just standing there like she'd seen a ghost. Traumatized, petrified and dead on the inside.

I try to shake her out of it only to fail miserably. Her hands are cold and her face is emotionless. Not sadness, not grief, not anger.

Nothing.

Faisu walks over to us, his eyes filled with tears as we sling one of our arms below Avu's shoulders as we carry her to Siddhart's body, sitting her down in front of Siddhart's closed eyes as she just stares at him.

Not a single tear rolls down Avneet's eyes. Her hands start trembling badly as Faisu and I exchange worried looks.

What's going to happen to Avneet?
~~~
Avu POV

"Avu: You won't leave me here and go will you?

Sid: I won't."

--I stare at Sid's face, bruised from the fall as he lies on the ground. I know that the pulse which used to flow through that body is no longer there.

I just stare at him.

How could he just go like this? Why did he do this to himself?

My cold trembling hands hake its way to his now pale and dead face. The same face that would always lighten-up my day. The same face that would always portray a smile, is now never going to smile again. Ever.

My hands tracing their way down to his hands, drawn into a fist. I pick it up and unwrap it to find a small piece of crumpled paper inside.

I put his hand down and unwrap the paper.

'I couldn't even fulfil my beloved father's last wish.'

I hand the paper over to Jannat as I once again take Sid's hand and clutch onto it, squeezing it.

He's dead Avneet. He's never going to come back.

Never.

The feeling of this new realization surfacing in me just makes me want to scream and sob so hard, that not a single teardrop falls down my eyes.

Jaan and Faisu pick me up and put me in the front seat next to the driver as they both settle down at the back and Abhishek drives.

Abhi and Faisu's eyes filled with tears as a few drops roll down my cheeks. But not a single one threatens to fall from Avu's.
Siddharth shouldn't have done that. He may not have known it, but along with his own life, he also took Avneet's.
~~~

10:39am
Avu POV
I sit in the truck as they pull Siddharth's body inside, covered in a white cloth and flowers as Faisu, Abhi and Jaan take the seat next to me.
Abhi and Faisu look paler than ever like they'd been sobbing the whole time and Jaan with sore red eyes just sits next to me and side hugs me tight.—

Jaan: (whispering worried) are you alright Avu?
Avu: (cold and dead) I'm fine.

—why does everyone ask me that? What is wrong with me? I'm perfectly fine. What even happened, I only lost Siddharth, that's all. Why does everyone think that I'm not OK?!