Chapter68- Holy McFlurries!

🥳HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!🎂
Date: 1st December 2020
____________________________

Reverse time to few minutes ago:-
Sid POV

I walk straight into my office and collapse into the rolling chair which bends back as I rest my hands on my head.
I'm too sensitive and perfect for this nonsense called meetings!

I put the files which lather all over the desk back in order and thats when my phone rings in its annoying and rather annoying tune playing 'Nachke Pagal' by Dhinchak Pooja right into my face.

Why the fudge did I keep that song of all songs as my ringtone anyway! What was I thinking?!

The name 'Aatma Chudail' pops up on my screen, which was what I saved Aashi's name as...
I pick up the phone, only to make the horrible music stop when Aashi's serious snaps me out pf my haze.

Rohit: what is it?!
Aashi: someone very particular is here to meet you.
Rohit: (annoyed) ugh! Tell them to come back some other time.
Aashi: No! You'll wanna meet her...
Rohit: just tell me who it is.
Aashi: Riza. Riza Affrin Misra.

Rohit: (sitting up on his chair) Is she alright?!
Aashi: She's fine. You should probably talk to her.
Rohit: Yes. Bring her to my office.

—Of all people I expected to hear off today, Riza was definitely the last one.
Why does she suddenly want to meet me? Is she in some sort of trouble?

The silent chime to the elevator rings and I allow them to enter.
Riza and Ashi walk through the door and Ashi gives me a 'good luck and try not to die' kinda look before nodding and walking back into the elevator closes on her, leaving Riza and I alone.

I expect her to greet me, perhaps say hello or something but she walks straight up to me and slaps me across the face.

If this were someone else the first thought that would strike me would probably be 'the audacity! How could she!'... but this was Riza and status was the last thing that mattered at this point.

Rohit: (recovering from impact) what was that for?!
(Tears roll down Riza's face as she tries to slap him again only to have Rohit catch her hand)

—The tears gush down her face which soon turns into loads of muffled sobs and she backs away from me, her hands relaxing as I let them go and she wipes some of the tears away from her face.

I pull a rolling chair and let her sit down and then hand her a glass of water.—

Rohit: (taking in a deep breath and whispering as he brushes some strands of hair off her face)
Rohit: was it Aadaya?

Riya: (slowly nodding then sniffling up the snoot) it's all your fault!
Rohit: my fault?!
Riya: yes! You didn't tell me your name was Rohit!
Rohit: (now completely confused) um... I thought you knew.

Riza: Well I didn't ok! I thought your name was Siddharth!

—I suddenly tense at the mention of my real name and sit down next to her on a chair.
Aadaya is up to something.
Something big.
And this time I won't let her have the upper hand.—

Rohit: tell me the whole story. From the beginning.

Riza: (nodding) When we first came here Aadaya said I should consider trying to socialize... and she handed me a card with your picture, named as 'Siddharth Sehen'.
But I didn't know anything about you being Rohit.
I knew my sister was dating you but I didn't know you were you.
So everything went well until last night. I had left my phone at home and thats when my sister had seen our picture at the Burj Khalifa.
She thought that I had betrayed her and she wouldn't even hear me out. Aadaya obviously sided with her.
(Choking on some tears) She threw me out of the house last night.