Chapter69- And the plot thickens

Its been a while... but here's your chap.
~~~

Avneet POV

My mind goes completely blank as I just stand there staring at Rohit's tears rolling down his eyes. The rain completely wet him from head to toe.

What should you do Avneet?!

You have two choices. You could either run as fast as you can and not have anything to do with him... or, I could walk over and comfort him.

yuck!

I should choose option one.

I turn around and start running in the opposite direction as if my life depends on it and just as I'm at the gate to the park the cold wind hits me and I realize that it's way too cold outside today.

The sky is starting to darken, resembling the approach of night-time.

I can't just leave Rohit here alone. Not with the weather getting colder and the rain only getting heavier...

After about 5 seconds of me rambling to myself of all the reasons as to why I shoulnt do what I'm about to do... I walk back to the bench and sit myself down next to Rohit, who still doesn't notice me...

I still consider running away until I decide to gather up all the existing emotion in me as I tap on his shoulder.--

Avu: (whispering in a sing-song voice) um Rooohhiiit. Are you aallliveeeee?

Rohit: (sniffling and trying to catch his breath as he wipes away some of the tears with his sleeves)

Rohit: A-Avneet?! W-where did you- How are you even-... I Amn't dreaming right? (pinching himself)

Avu: nope.(taking the shivering hands of Rohit) but you are freezing!

Avu: we should get back.

Rohit: I-I don't want to go.

Avu: but why? It's raining and cold.

(A moment of silence)

Rohit: Why did you run away?

Avu: I didn't run. I- I just went out for a walk.

Rohit: riGHt... without telling anyone and with no phone. In a country you don't know!

Avu: ok fine! I ran off.

Rohit: why?

Avu: um... (sarcastically) Why? Were you worried about me? Is that why you're here?

Rohit: umm... not really. I was not in the best mood.

Rohit: but either way, You shouldn't have run off like that! If you got lost, or something bad happened to you then what would happen to... Jannat?! Shed be sad to death!

Avu: (shaking her head, then leaning back on the bench and letting the rain hit her face)

Avu: (whispering) nothing would've happened. She would be broken for a few months, then she would move on.

Rohit: Is that what you did when your friend Siddharth died?

Avu: (a teardrop rolling down her eye which Rohit gently wipes away) yes.

Rohit: life is so unfair isn't it.

Avu: (nodding)

—The memory hits me again, glimpses of that very moment flashing in front of my eyes.

The moment Siddharth hits the ground.

It feels so real. The noise, my scream, my heart stops.

I can hear and feel all of it.