Chapter40- Last Wish

Sid POV
(Alone in a cell, sitting on the hard stone floor and staring into the empty black walls.
Cold and heartless.)
Flashback
(At the picnic)
Sid: We should get home. I think a storm's about to come.
Faisu: ye. I think so too. Let's go!
—we head towards our Ferrari which was kept at the edge of the street. Walking through the haze towards the car.
That's when I see a black can approaching from a distance.
In the dark the color very faintly visible, and the flashlight switched on.
It's nearing.
And nearing fast!
Definitely way beyond sprees limit.

Its a police car. And it screeches to a halt right in front of us.
Patrolling at this time? That too here? But why?—

Faisu: excuse me officer is something wrong?
Police: yes. Which one of you is Siddharth Nigam?!
Sid: (hesitates) I am.
Police: (forcefully putting handcuffs oj his hands and walk-dragging him into the car.
Abhi: wait. Why are you arresting him?!
Police: We have an order to arrest him on the charges of murder!
Abhi: murder? What in the world?
Police: now be quiet and reach the police station! We are taking your friend there for further interrogation!
Faisu: alright officer!
(Faisu and Abhi get onto their ferrari and drive behind the police car.)
Flashback ends

"If you are reading this it means that I am no longer here."
(Tears roll down his eyes as his bare back touches the stone wall behind him, piercing pain shooting through all the whip marks) —
Sid: (talking to nothing but air, inside the lonely jail cell) father?! Why! Why did you sacrifice yourself! WHY?!

(Looking up at the ceiling and closing his eyes) Father? If you're listening to me than I owe you a huge apology. I couldn't even finish your final wish. If only I had read that note you left for me after you had died... I would have killed Mr. Kaur with my OWN FUCKIG HANDS!
But I'm an idiot. After your death, I immediately ran out. Stayed with Faisu and wasted myself away every night.
I never went into your house again. Never.
I just didn't have the guys to see all this pictures of us together. On the walls, on the shelves.
I am not as brave as you think father!
I couldn't even look at a picture if you after you were gone.

Y'know father, I would often say, "who the hell was that fucking architect who designed that building".
I should have researched him up sooner. Them perhaps I would have finished your last wish.
Your son is a dumbass.

Flashback
(At court on the day after his father died)
Lawyer: Your father has left you both many prize positions.
(Reading off Sid's fathers will)
Lawyer: for my oldest son, Abhishek, I leave my Mumbai house. Because I know that Siddharth is twice as irresponsible as you are.
(Abhi and Sid put on a hard, small smile as they can almost feel their father say that)
And to my youngest son, Siddharth, I leave my mother's house. In Goa, the beach house you used to love to play in as a kid.
Please take good care of that place, its very close to my heart.
...
And Abhishek, take care of Siddharth for me. Dont let him turn to bed things. And dont fight amonst yourselves like kids!
(Tears roll down both their eyes as Abhi wraps an arm around Sid)

Flashback Ends

I spent the last few days as if they were my few last days, but I never thought that I would actually die.
We were going to kill me, but I dont know how this story took a turn. And why now?
Couldn't god have delayed it a few more days?! Then we would have killed me anyway!

(A quick knocking on the door and them theres Arishfa telling me to get us and go)
Arishfa: the court is going to finalize your sentence!
Sid: (follows her)
—arishfa walks me down a few long lefts and rights until we get to a large room.
One of the police officers give me a random black shirt and I put it on, the pain of the cloth brushing against my whip marks almost too much to bare, but I bite my tongue and suck it up.