Chapter 33- Don't drown

On top is 'Beautiful People' by Ed Sheeran.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sid POV
—ugh is it morning already?! (Looking at the clock)
2:43am
(Looking out at the veranda only to find a very particular brunette staring out at the city lights) —
Sid: Avu? What the hell are you doing up this early?!
Avu: yawning. What are you doing this early?
Sid: I dont know.
Avu: shut up. I know that this is a dream. (Giggling hysterically) ghaha. Of course it is.
Sid: I don't think it is. I can feel my feet.
Avu: don't let it trick you. I know its a dream. (Poking Sid)
Sid: I can feel the poking. You can stop now.
Avu: I still don't believe its real. But its alright. (Poking sid one last time)
Sid: you're wearing the necklace I gave you!
Avu: (rubbing her eyes to wear away the sleepy feeling) no I'm not.
Sid: yes you are!
Avu: how can you prove that that's the necklace you gave me? I could have just bought one for myself!
Sid: (unbuckling the necklace from Avu's neck and turning the golden cursive writing of Avneet around to reveal a carving on the metal. In cursive, on the 'A' of Avneet it says 'Siddharth')
Sid: yup, its the one I gave you! (Showing her his name)
Avu: (squinting at Sid then rolling her eyes) way to ruin a perfectly amazing necklace!
Sid: (yawning) shut up. Imma honna go back to sleep. Good night!
Avu: no, good morning! Its 3 am.
Sid: right. Good morning. (Falling into the bed and popping his leg up on Faisu)

—I pop down on bed and try to sleep in again but, like always, sleep doesn't find me.
I stare at Avu who's sitting on the swing in the veranda and staring at the necklace. Staring at my name on the necklace.
Ok. Well, staring is an understatement. She's kinda glaring at it. And smiling.

Almost Evilly!
I think she's thinking of ways to destroy it. Maybe I shouldn't have gotten my name carved on it.—
(Closes his eyes for a second and opens them again)

— I watch as the sun starts to rise, the light shining on her hair making it look browner.
I walk up to her and sit down next to her. —
Avu: trust me its a dream.
Sid: nah.
Avu: look there's your bike! (Pointing down at the road)
Sid: yeah. Wanna go for a ride?
Avu: (still sleepy) yeah sure.
(Taking his hoodie off and putting a graphic shirt on which says 'don't wanna wake up' and then putting a leather jacket on)
—I grab my bike keys from the table as Avu and I walk out the door and into the garage where my bike was kept.
It's still around 4 so there's just small specks of light.
I put my legs around the seat as I hop on and so does Avu behind me. I can feel her head heavy against my back meaning that she's sleepy. —
Sid: (whispering as he starts the bike) Avu you awake?
Avu: (faintly) yeah.
Sid: alright. Get some sleep.
— I drive down the empty streets as I feel the wind against the back of my neck. Avu's hands wrapped around my waist as her head rests just below my shoulders.
She's seriously too thin. She should eat more.

I drive a few more kilometers until we reach a bridge, and that's when I see her.

Sana.

Right across the streets on the other side of the bridge. She's calling someone on the phone and smiling.
I speed up to get a better look at her.

It's her! It's Sana!
But she should be in New York right?
I'm almost to her when she looks in my direction and our eyes meet.
Her soft blue eyes against my caramel brown. But she looks away, and another guy approaches her as she turns around and her eyes meet his.
My vision is furry but I can see him pin her against the wall of the nearby building, both of them gazing into each other's eyes and smiling.

That same smile that she used to give me.
My eyes fill up and my hands feel cold and numb. I no longer can feel my feet.
I watch as the guy kisses her and she wraps her arms around him.
I feel the tears run down my cheeks and I want to scream her name.