Chapter62- Hot Chocolate

Avu POV
—I notice the presence of Rohit beside me, and perhaps if it were someone else I would have felt more conscious. But he doesn't feel anything like a burden. Infact his presence just feels a bit more comforting then being alone.—

Avu: I'm sorry.
Rohit: (doesn't say anything. Just says silent, watching her sob helplessly)
Avu: It's just... I lost someone very important to me.
Rohit: (nodding) (whispering) Life is cruel, and unfair. It's gonna through challenges at us. But we have to fight them. And move on.
Avu: (through sobs) B-but he's gone.
Rohit: You love him don't you?
Avu: yes. (Trying to wipe some tears away vigorously)

Rohit: (nodding silently) then I don't stand a chance do I?

Avu: (not knowing what to say and just staring at his face as his blank expression turns into cackling laughter)
Rohit: (laughing hard) Oh gosh I'm just messing with you!
Avu: (let's out a genuine smile as she nudges him in the shoulder)

—We just sit there staring at the sky as the rain clouds start to gather and the sky rumbles with thunder.
A large drop falling in Rohit's face, which is soon followed by several other drops and then a downpour.—

Rohit: (in a calm cool voice) It's raining.
Avu: (sarcastically) oh. I can't tell. (Rohit nudging Avu in the shoulder.)

Avu: should we go back?
Rohit: do you wanna?

—The large drops of rain hit against my teary face, washing away all the heat. By now my hair probably soaked with water.
But some part of it's just comforting.—

Avu: (shaking her head) no. The rain feels amazing!
Rohit: it reminds me of that song...
"Yeh mausam ki baarish
Yeh baarish ka paani
Yeh paani ki boondein
Tujhe hi toh dhoondhe
Yeh milne ki khwahish
Yeh khwahish puraani
Ho poori tujhi se
Meri yeh kahaani"

—I just sit there my mouth hanging open, as his voice flows in perfect melody, breaking the silence.

He can sing!

I justs close my eyes as the melody echoes in my head.
It's amazing.

The rain continues making the river flow faster but everything seems to silence, leaving only his singing to be heard.
I don't know why, but there's so much warmth that it no longer feels like a cold October's night, and for once in the last three years.
I don't feel lonely.

I take in deep breaths of the cool air as I lean back on the bench, staring up at the sky as the rain directly splashes against my face.

Then I look at Rohit sitting beside me, his eyes hall closed as he stares into the distance, the song coming to an end,
" Yeh khwahish purani
Ho poori tujhi se
Meri yeh kahaani"

The amount of emotion he puts into his singing... almost a splitting resemblance to Siddharth.

I find myself staring at him for quite a while now, but don't seem to be able to look away.

And somewhere very deep in my heart, I want this moment to last.—

Rohit: (catching her staring) (smirking) you're starring at me!
Avu: n-no! No way! (Immediately looking away)

Avu: you can sing.
Rohit: (letting out a smile) (sarcastically) You're not the first one to tell me that!
(Avu just rolls her eyes)