Chapter 72- This Fricking Formal Announcement

Damn those are some sexyy numberz up there 😎🤟🔝

Jaan POV

—(Murmuring to herself while shuffling through her file)
Aadaya has made life miserable! How can she just add extra shoot whenever she wants?!
She's added an extra Lakmè add in Avneet's 15 minute break time too, which is SO not fair. Avu does deserve a bit of a break.

On top of that this useless Faisu will never learn how to cook! Instead of sugar, who adds salt into a fricking chai!
And then there's poor Vai, she has to gulp down all of their awful contraptions which those two evil brothers call 'food'.

It's a good thing her immune system is SO good otherwise she would have been in the hands of death LONG ago...

I take a few more right and left turns walking through the third floor at an extremely quick pace trying to memorize and calculate all of Avu's timings when I bump tight into someone, every well organised file falling straight to the ground.

Which f*ucking idiot!—

Jaan: (not seeing who it is) Who in the living hell!
Girl: I'm so sorry! I was so preoccupied.

— I watch as the brunette bends down to pick up the files. I don't even make an effort to help, which might have been rather rude of me, but Im just so mad right now, that etiquette is my least concern.

All those files! Every one of them perfectly ordered according to every fricking minute, GONE!
That took me 2 and a half fricking hours to arrange.

I'm not sure I wanna sob or beat the living crap out of this girl!
The girl gets up with my files bundled into a stack as she hands them to me.

Her eyes meet mine and something deep in my heart suddenly flutters.
The girl quickly apologizes and runs off, but something is up.

I-I know this girl from somewhere.
Somewhere distantly in my childhood.

But who?!

The thought bugs me the rest of the way till I sit down next to Ashi at the common room.—

Jaan: hi.
Ashi: hey! By the way, I needed to tell you that everyone's schedule has been cleared this afternoon cuz Rohit wants to make a formal announcement.

Jaan: oh... but what about?
Ashi: (a bit sadder now) only time will tell. And very soon too.
Jaan: (confused) ok....

Jaan: (suddenly remembering the girl) hey Ashi... who's that girl? The brown haired one, shes practically my height and wears the cranberry lipstick...

Ashi: there's like millions of girls with that description... anything specific?
Jaan: um... I don't exactly know, I just feel like I have  some connection with her.
I think she's new here too... uh. She has blonde streaks in her brown hair...

Ashi: (thinking hard) the latest person who joined us is... Riza Affrin?
Jaan: (her eyes widening almost like they're gonna pop out of their sockets)

Jaan: W-what did you say?!
Ashi: yeah, Riza. She's one of Rohit's friends.
Jaan: OF COURSE! Riza! It's her! (Suddenly hopping up and about to run off when she comes back)

Jaan: Wait... Do you by chance know where she could be right now?
Ashi: probably in the cafeteria.
Jaan. Oh. Ok THANKS ASHI! (Running off)

— Riza! It's Riza!
I knew she was alive! I just knew it!
I never once believed that shed died... I couldn't.
And I was right. She's alive, and she's here!

I run through all the corridors bumping into several people till I finally get to the cafeteria.
And she's right there, munching on a cheese sandwich, alone.