Chapter46- Leaving behind

Real Time
(Right after Sid's death)

Sid POV
(In Dubai. 4:58 am Dubai Time)
—It's been somewhere around 10 minutes since my flight landed here in Dubai.
Raghav has been complaining about how bad the omelettes tasted this whole time, but what could I have done to help him... after all it's not like everyone's a master chef like me!

We pick up our loads of luggage and there's a Red Van standing outside for us and Raghav and I can now spot Riyaz and Hasnain in the front seats as they wave to us and we hop into the 7 seater with loads of leg space!—

Sid: So this is where y'all have been after college!
Riyaz: yeah. I was in Mumbai for quite a while until some serious shit happened and then I just came to Dubai! This place is amazing!
Sid: Cool! Is everyone else here too?
Hasnain: yup! Everyone in our old gang! All four of the boys, Riyaz and Aashi too! Only people were missing out is our Faisu, Abhishek and Reem! Then it's gonna be complete old college times!
Sid: yeah. And with time, hopefully they'll be able to join us too.
Riyaz: oh and BTW what was the whole fuss anyway?
Sid: trust me it's a damn long story!
Hasnain: we have time.
Raghav: I'll tell you.
—I listen to Raghav tell the entire tale from the start as I just stare at the rain outside. The drops hitting the car window.
Pitter Patter.

Realization now surfacing in me that what I'm leaving behind ain't just Faisu , Abhi and Reemi. But its my entire past. Everything.
Every memory. Every sleepless night. Every laugh and every cry.
We're drowning it away somewhere back there and driving away from it.

Away into my new life.
Leaving everything... and everyone.
Jannat...
Arishfa, Ashnoor, Preet.

And Avneet.
I'm leaving Avneet behind too. All those good times I had with her. All those memories.
Everything.

I'm starting my life all over again. From scratch.
My past in just my past.
Forgive, Forget. And don't look back.

I shake my head a couple of times to get my fuzzy emotional thoughts out as I regain my consciousness on Raghav narrating the story.

And suddenly he starts to say his own part!—
Raghav: and then I came in as a business man and destructed everyone giving Siddharth enough time to esca-
Sid: WHOA WHOA! When did that happen?!
I'll tell you this part of the story! (Holding in a laugh)
Sid: so Raghav came in as the Brahmin at the funeral! He wore sage clothes and everything!
(Showing Riyaz and Hasnain the picture that Faisu has sent him. Both of them burst of laughing to the point where they can't hold there tears)
Hasnain: Oh gosh! Raghav fits the role so perfectly! (Wiping a year away)
Riyaz: I am so proud that my boy actually amounted to something! A sage!
(Even harder laughter as Raghav just sits there and throws death glares like confetti)
~~~

(Raghav opens the door to a room in a flat as Sidd, Riyaz and Hasnain walk in)
Hasnain: WERE HERE EVERYONE!
(Walking into the living room where Adnaan is poking Shadan and Aashi has her legs cropped up on Faiz's shoulders as she sits on the sofa and Faiz sits on the floor and she eats his popcorn.)
(Everyone finally noticing the quadrate walking in)
Adnaan: (not getting their eyes off the TV screen which is now playing Student of the year) Oh! Siddharth! You actually made it through alive!
Aashi: (her eyes glued in the screen) yeah! We were just praying that he wouldn't. When we heard the news we were like 'finally god has heard our prayers!' But No! How can I ever get this fortunate!
Sid: shut up!
(Putting his luggage aside and popping down next to Faiz as Raghav and Riyaz sit next to Ashi on the couch and the last scene of the movie plays and they watch the principle die and then the credits start to play and that's when Sidd and Raghav finally get to be acknowledged!)