Chapter57- Unlikely Coincidence

It's a four day holiday here 😃of which three days are over 😒😕
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rohit POV
(11:45pm)
(Standing on his veranda with his elbows resting on the railing, Scrolling through very old pictures on his phone when he comes across a pic of his college.)
Sid: doesn't it feel like fricking just yesterday that we were in the cafeteria talking about childish stuff... and look at us now.
Ashi: yeah... perhaps we changed more than we wanted to.
Sid: definitely. Like... I ain't even Siddharth anymore.
Ashi: (sighing)
(the phone just drops outa Sid'd hands and they both watch as it miserably falls down the 7th floor balcony of a very tall building)
Sid: SHIT! (Running as fast as he can to the elevator)

Avu POV
—I stand in the veranda getting deep breaths of the fresh air, touching the necklace that hangs around my neck.
I wanna break down bad. Something feels so lonely, the deep pit in my stomach wanting to come out and engulf me.
I wanna just scream and sob. Maybe even jump off this balcony.
But I don't.

I just stand there, staring at the blazing city lights. Then up at the stars.
I remember that one day, Siddharth and I were lying on the warm beach sand, looking up at these same stars.

I didn't feel this out in me back then. I didn't feel lonely.

I feel a raindrop hit me as I stretch my hands out to feel a few more drop hit my bare hands.

And suddenly something heavy and metal falls into my hands.

A phone!
Never in my entire life has a phone fallen out of the sky!
I catch it and then look up, but there's no one there.

I look at the phone and it has The Bon Bros Records emblem on the case.
Who's is this?

I look down at the photo that was open on the phone.

It's a building. No, a college. In big bold letters it says, 'MUMBAI COLLEGE OF COMMERCE'.
I look down from the balcony at the streets down and I see someone walking out of the building rather annoyed.

It's Rohit.
And he's searching all over the floor for something. So this must be his phone!

I wave my hands around trying to catch his attention when he looks up and sees me, at first confused, but then I show him the phone and he seems to understand, Running back into the building and most probably coming to get his phone.—

(Avu walking back into the living room)
Jaan: hey... is it raining outside? (Suddenly noticing the phone)
Avu: yeah it is.
Jaan: you got a new phone? But why?
Avu: it's not mine. It's Rohit's.
Jaan: (smirking very hard) and why do you have Rohit's phone?
Avu: it fell out of the sky when I was in the balcony.
Jaan: (trying hard to hold her laughter) please Avu! You need a better excuse than that!
Avu: no really! It just fell out of the sky!
Jaan: (rolling her eyes sarcastically as she takes the phone from Avu) sure! What a coincidence. (Smirking) Or maybe... it's fate!
Avu: why are you taking the phone?
Jaan: (dialing Avu's number in and saving her contacts as 'Avu (text me)')
Avu: did you just give him my number?!
Jaan: yeah.
Avu: but why?! Delete it!
Jaan: (the doorbell rings) Nope! Too late! (Handing Avu the phone as Jaan goes to open the door to find a very exhausted and panting Rohit)

Rohit: (to no one in particular) why! Why did I have to make this building so big!

Jaan: (in a way too excited tone) HI!
Rohit: (jumping back a bit then noticing Jaan) oh... hi. I think you guys have my phone.
Jaan: (requesting hard) would you like to come in for some tea?
Rohit: (looking at the time 12:13am) isn't it a little too late for tea?
Jaan: it's never too late for me to just tell-
Rohit: NO! I mean of course I would love some tea with the both of you. Let's make it hot chocolate. Jannat. (The last word coming out with a little extra annoyance to it)