Chapter58- I'm Stronger!

⚠️Warning- This chapter contains a brief episode of suicide.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Avu POV
—I stand on the roof of the building as I watch a dark shadow standing on the edge. Much too close to the edge for it to be safe.
I walk over, trying to figure out who it is, and why they're there. I walk a few steps closer, only to have the figure grow fonder.

It's Siddharth!—

Avu: Siddharth! Please don't!
Sid: I want to Avu. I have no good reason to stay.
Avu: what about me! Am I not a good enough reason?
Sid: (his voice soft and low) no.
Avu: what if I told you that I love you!
Sid: (letting out a weak smile) (whispering) don't lie Avu. You can't just lie like that.
Avu: (the tears flowing down my eyes) I'm not. I love you Siddharth. I really do.
Sid: (wiping a teardrop from her eye) but I don't love you Avu.
(Softer) I'm sorry.
(Sid walking closer to the edge but Avu again standing in his way)
Avu: what if I told you I'm Sana. (Sid's eyes meeting hers once again) I'm Sana Zubair. The girl you love so much, is me.
Sid: (again smiling weekly) the I hate you Avu. You left me that day. Not even a proper goodbye. You didn't even care to think about how it may have affected me!
Avu: Siddharth. (The tears flowing lavishly) look I'm sorry. Very Sorry. But please don't do this. Please. (Weekly) don't leave me.
Sid: (moving her aside) I'm sorry Avu. It's not your fault.

—He walks dangerously close to the edge and looks freely down.
No! No no! He's taking his own life!

I run to him but it's too late.
SIDDHARTH!
No!
I watch him fall, his face smiling as gravity pulls him lower and lower.
The tears falling out of my eyes uncontrollably as I watch the distance between us increase.

I don't wanna be alone. I'm gonna jump off too!
I stand on the edge of the building, taking a long quivering breath as I look down, fear engulfing most of me.

I stand at the very edge and let my legs slip, as I fall, I think of death. Just lying under the ground.
And I regret it.
I don't wanna die!

The tears fall uncontrollably from my face, as gusts of wind hit me from all sides.
Then everything's blur and someone's hands grab onto mine. And pull me up.
Back up to the roof.

The image is barely visible through the tears, but it's Rohit.
I don't think of anything, immediately wrapping my hands around him in a tight hug, only to have him hug me back.
The warmth from him giving me a bit more stability and stopping the shivering that I didn't realize was happening.—

Rohit: Avu. Are you alright? What were you thinking!
Avu: Siddharth! H-he. He's gone. (The tears uncontrollably pouring down my face) HE's GONE!
Rohit: You'll be fine Avu. You'll be fine.

—That's when I look up at him and -
A bright light hits hits my face out of nowhere and everything fades away.—

Jaan: Avneet! Avneet get up!
Avu: Ugh! Jannat! 5 more minutes!
Jaan: no! You an continue your dreams of Siddharth tomorrow night!
Avu: no. Not Siddharth. (Half Asleep) Rohit.
Jaan: WHAT!
Avu: (oh shit) No! I mean-
Jaan: Rohit?!
Avu: um- (her voice softer as she recalls her dream) I saw him falling down a building.
Jaan: oh. It's alright Avu. He's alright.
Avu: I know.

—I lied. And I also half know that Jaan didn't buy it.
But she has a point. When since do I dream of Rohit!
Rohit! Yuck!