Chapter39- He's Innocent.

I'm bacckk from Camp!

Love the extremely vivid comment section in the last chap. Expect the same for this one too ☠️👀

On top is Teri Naar. Congrats for 100million+ views on U-tube! Enjoy yr cake Avu! :)

Happy Ganesh Chaturthi!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Avu POV
Faisu: SIDDHARTH!
—I watch as they unsympathetically whip a topless, bleeding Siddharth's back as tears run down his face and his eyes are sore and red.

This is a dream.
I am only dreaming it.

I feel my feet start to feel numb as someone holds me up.
Jannat.
Faisu continuously screams Siddharth's name as three police officers forcefully hold him back and Abhi just stared at his helpless brother, traumatized and unmoving.
Dead on the inside.

Arishfa on the other hand just stares at the scene emotionlessly as if it's totally normal. And Ashnoor is shock-struck and trying to process the situation.
I catch someone collapse through the corner of my eye.
Reem had fainted into Jai's arms who was now putting her down and trying to get some water.

But I just stare at Siddharth. And then at Arishfa.—
Police: (beating Siddharth) Tell us that you murdered Mr. Kaur! ADMIT YOUR SIN!
Sid: I am innocent.
(The whip coming down on his bare skin and blood making a puddle on the ground)
Police: DON't LIE!
Sid: (parched) I didn't kill him sir!
Police: (now noticing Arishfa) He will not tell like this Madam.
Arishfa: I am aware of that Constable Mehra. I am very aware that this one is cunning. Very cunning. But I think I know how to get it out of him.
(The other police walk out as Arishfa walks in and sits the bleeding Siddharth on a chair in front of a table and stands on the other side)
Sid: I have not murdered. I am innocent.
Arishfa: (coldly and loud) Silence. (Takin out some files and reading from them)
Siddharth Nigam.
Son to two parents.
Fathers records- Died in a construction accident.
Mother- Vibha Nigam.
Siddharth Nigam death certificate.
Date: 17th March 2016.

Arishfa: so tell me Mr. Nigam. You died 4 years ago right? Here's your death certificate. Completely valid. Fingerprint also valid.
According to what we have here, you are not alive!
(Slamming her stick against the desk)
So tell me how you are here!
Sid: I faked my death. To escape my past.
Arishfa: and how did you manage to break into the government core data and erase your fucking existence from there! Fingerprints. Birth certificate. Brothers name. Schooling. EVERYTHING! How! TELL ME!
Sid: (lowly) I don't know.
Arishfa: Lies! (Picking up her stick and beating him hard enough for him to wince in pain)

—Arishfa? What in the fucking world are you doing?
Why are you hitting him?
Siddharth is innocent!
I don't believe a fucking word you say!—

Sid: FINE! I hacked into your core data and erased bits of my information! Alone!

—he did what?
How?—

Arishfa: What does your brothers know about this.
Sid: (with sadness and guilt in his eyes) nothing.
Arishfa: That's all right. I believe you.
(To the police) go interrogate his brothers. But without touching them.
Police: yes Madam!

—I watch as Faisu and Abhi are walked into another room as Arishfa keeps questioning Siddharth.
Suddenly I get back to reality and everything is no longer as silent. —
Jaan: Avu! Avu!
Avu: (whispering like there's no strength left in her) what?
Jaan: Avu. Hold onto yourself. Siddharth will be fine. He is innocent. Nothing will happen to Siddharth!
Avu: but why is Arishfa hitting him?
Jaan: that's just how the police work. But Siddharth will be alright!
Avu: how does Siddharth have a death certificate?
Jaan: I don't know. There is probably some sort of misunderstanding! Nothing will happen.
Avu: (tears running down her eyes as Jaan tries to handle her like a 5year old kid searching for their lost pet) will Siddharth die?
Jaan: NO AVNEET! Nothing will happen. Nothing will happen to Siddharth.
Avu: but-
Jaan: SHUT UP! (Slapping Avneet in the face to bring her back to life) Shut up! Nothing will happen to Siddharth do you understand that!
Avu: alright. (Breathing heavily as some consciousness starts to come back to her) Nothing will happen to Siddharth. He is innocent.