Chapter 34- Approved of him.

On top is 'Mein Tera boyfriend' by I don't know who...😅
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Avu POV
2:34pm
Break time for Avu and Faisu.
Jaan: (to Avneet) Ms. Kaur has called for you.
Avu: (sarcastically) wonderful! (Rolling her eyes as she walks out the door, waving at Jaan and Faisu) I'll be right back.
—ugh! What does she want with me this time?
I walk down the most elegant, fragile side of the mansion, mothers side.
Where everything is perfect. Even the plant are grown and trimmed in perfect angles and the stained glass windows keep the temperature cool.
The velvet carpets on this side just seem more expensive and you'll never EVER find a speck of dirt here.
Well, except for the walking piece of dirt that I call Aadaya.

This is my least favorite side of this entire mansion. The satin durations give me itches and the amount of gold in everything gives me a headache!
Why does mother have to spend her money, I mean MY money on all these useless expensive show offs?

I just scrunch in disgust as I walk straight through the halls and stop before my mothers room.
A bodyguard opens the door for me and I walk in.

As always there's my mom sitting on the couch in a red tight  Off shoulders gown which hugs onto her curves and exposes her collar and neck, around which hangs her all famous diamond necklace.
(Aadaya walks in)

And here's the piece of shit that I was hoping not to see today! But... my luck is fucked.—
Avu: mother, you called for me?
Mother: yes Avneet. Firstly, your lingerie shoots will start in a week.
Avu: I am aware.
Mother: PLEASE DON't INTERRUPT!
Avu: (taking in a gulp)
Mother: (strictly) good. Secondly, you are not sticking to your diet!
Avu: but-
Mother: Avneet. World renowned supermodel. One of the most beautiful girls of this century. You could reach the heights of the stars! But you choose not to!
Avu: but-
Mother: COME WITH ME! (Taking her hand and pulling her over harshly)

—Where the hell is she taking me?
She drags me down the corridor until we stop at the ballroom.
The bodyguard opens the door and we step in.
And there, towering in front of us is the huge stained glass window with the image of my mother and father on their wedding day, and a little I standing in between them, holding their hands.

I stare at the picture for a moment and then look at mom—
Mother: so tell me Avneet Kaur! What do you see in this picture?
Avu: our family.
Mother: what's the first thought that crosses your mind when you see it?
Avu: you're practically perfect in every way. You can get any guy in the world. So... (hesitantly) why did you choose dad?
Mother: (smiling) because I was a stupid little girl like you.
—what in the world?—
Mother: You see, I was somewhere around your age back then. Wining pageant after pageant. Guys would die to get a few minuets with me. I could have chosen the richest, most handsome and best of them all. But, I didn't.

My mother had told me once, that "Harpreet, don't be stupid! He won't get you anywhere!" But did I listen?
No

She stopped me from meeting him. She stopped my from having any connection with him.
Then one day,
Flashback
Harpreet mom: Listen Harpreet! He's ruining your reputation! You have to let him go!
Harpreet: but I can't mother, I love him!
Mom: Don't do this to yourself!
Harpreet: We love each other and no one else! (Turning around and walking away)
Mom: Mark my words girl! He's not good for you! He will leave you to fend for yourself one day! Vo tujhe chor dega!
Harpreet: SHUT UP MOTHER! Just shut up!
Flashback ends

She'd crossed my limits. Me usse nafrat kar baithi!
I hated her!
Everyday I wished that she would just die.
And behind her back, I met him. I would go drinking, partying, dating and what not. Behind her back.