Chapter 10

Skip 2 days

My mom has left her room a few times, only to grab some food and to go the bathroom... I've been cooking food for her and I've been trying to get her out of her bed. But I totally get why she's not going anywhere, everytime i show my face outside i get nasty comments thrown at me.

I also get that my mom is sad, my dad sort of betrayed her. They've been married for 27 years and my dad never told her about stealing the money or that the police was on to him. Plus she worked at the company and she was not involved at all...

I sigh and get up from my bed, it's now 6.05 am. It's time to shower and get dressed, school is starting at 7.30am. Kinda looking forward to the homework so i can focus on some other things. Sophie still hasn't replied back to my texts... I've been to her house yesterday evening but they didn't let me in. I do know they're home cause i saw them arriving yesterday.

I walk to my bathroom and turn on the shower. While washing my hair i keep thinking bout Corbyn, he's been on my mind since i met him. He's so cute and sweet to me! But I think he still hasn't found out bout my dad, I hope he doesn't hate me then. But i have this feeling that he won't care, but i'm still scared.

When I'm done with showering i wrap a warm towel around my wet body and i walk to my closet while dripping water on the floor. What should i wear? I finally decide to go for some simple black pants and a comfy grey sweater. It's getting colder and colder and i really think it's gonna snow tonight. I quickly change into my clothes and i sit down at my little make up table. I brush my hair, put some concealer and mascara on and then I brush my teeth.

While walking down the stairs i hear people talking outside of my house, the reporters haven't left and they keep recording these articles bout my dad. They keep saying that my dad and I were close so i must've helped him....

During breakfast my mom suddenly enters the dining room and she sits down across me, she looks horrible, she has huge bags under her eyes and her hair is greasy. "Goodmorning" she says, "Morning" I say and she smiles at me, "Have fun at school today sweetie" she says and I just nod. We talk a bit but then it's time for me to go, I walk to the little bench and i put on my shoes, grab my backpack and i exit the house. The reporters immediately aim their cameras at me but i just ignore them, I walk to my car and i get in.

When i arrive at school people immediately look at me and they start to whisper. I take a deep breath and i straighten my back, I'm not gonna let those bullies know that i feel horrible. While walking to my locker I get pushed away a million times plus people just can't get enough of making nasty comments. I try my best to ignore them but it's hard.

I open my locker and i put my coat in it and some of my books. I close it and i start my way to class. Suddenly everyone's attention is off of me and on someone else. I would be happy if they weren't making nasty comments to Corbyn now.