Chapter 43

I'm waiting by my locker for Corbyn, I was done 5 minutes earlier than the rest and I could leave i wanted. So that's exactly what i did, I'm now just scrolling on tik tok. Then i hear footsteps approach, I look up and I see Chad. "Hello Mia" he says while he scans me, "You look good in those leggings" he says while he bites his lip. I just shake my head and continue with scrolling on tik tok. "Just dump Corbyn's ass, he's poor and I can give you everything" he says and I shake my head. "Listen Chad, i don't know why you're suddenly talking to me now. But we're never gonna be something okey? I'm clearly into Corbyn and definitely not into you, so just go and stop with saying those things. They make me feel really uncomfortable" I say and I see Corbyn walking up to us. Did he hear what i said? Did he hear that i said that i'm into him? Oh gosh I hope he didn't. What if it isn't mutual? I look back up to Chad, he just shakes his head, "I'm not gonna give up" he says and he looks at my boobs and legs again. I'm starting to feel super uncomfortable but luckily Corbyn reached me, he wraps his arm around my shoulder. "Let's go" he says and he grabs his coat and then we start to walk to my car.
When we get to my car Corbyn looks at me, "You're clearly into me?" he says and I feel my cheeks heat up. "I really get it if the feeling isn't mutual I-" I say but Corbyn interrupts me by kissing me, he presses his lips against mine. Then he pulls back, "Oh the feeling is definitely mutual" he says and we both smile. "So uh i wanted to ask you something" he says when we both get in the car, "So do you maybe want to go to this drive thru movie thing? It's on thursday" he says and a huge smile appears on my face, "Omg I always wanted to go to something like that!" I say. Corbyn smiles, "I'll take that as a yes" he says and he laughs. "So uh i wanted to ask if-" he starts but i cut him off, "We have this old truck in our garage maybe we can go in that car?" I say and Corbyn smiles, "Yeah totally was just trying to ask you if we could go with your car" he says. "Yeah of course!" I say, "Oh and this time i'm paying" I add. Corbyn opens his mouth but i sush him, "Sush, I'm paying no discussion" I say and Corbyn sighs, "Fine".
Skip 2 days
Today it's Wednesday, we just had history and economics, now we only have math left... I've been practicing it a lot these past few days and I think I'm ready. It's now 8am and I've decided that I'm done studying, I get up from my chair and my whole body feels stiff, I've been behind that desk since 2pm, I skipped dinner cause i was really into it, but now i really feel the hunger. I stretch my body and then I walk down the stairs, "Hey sweetie, I didn't make anything yet, but i was thinking that we maybe could just make some mac n cheese?" my mom says and I nod. "Yeah that sounds good!" I say and I walk to the kitchen to grab the ingredients, my mom walks up to me and takes them out of my hands. "Why don't you take a break? Just relax, lay on the couch and scroll on insta or whatever you guys are doing with those phones. I'm gonna make dinner and then we'll eat it in front of the tv" my mom says and she pushes me to the couch. I give in and I let myself fall onto the couch, I grab my phone and I scroll a bit on tiktok.
And before i know it my mom sits down besides me, "Here you go" she says while she hands me a bowl filled with mac n cheese. "Thanks" I say with a smile and we both start eating, we're just watching the news nothing special.
"So mom" I say when we're finished eating, my mom looks at me, "I was wondering if Corbyn and I could use the truck in our garage tomorrow?" I ask and I make big eyes to make her say yes. My mom laughs, "Yeah of course!" she says, "What are you guys doing?" my mom asks and I smile, "Well we're going to this movie drive thru thing" I say and my mom smiles. "I used to do that with your dad in that exact truck" my mom says and he smile slowly fades away. We still haven't heard a thing from him. I put my hand on her shoulder and she smiles at me, "I'm fine I just, I just miss him" she says and I nod, "I miss him too".