Chapter 24

During math I am distracted by Corbyn again, I just can't seem to focus when that guy's around. Super annoying. But well i keep looking at him quickly and so far he hasn't noticed it. I look back at my math notebook and try to focus on some exercises. After like a minute or five i look back up to Corbyn, we make eye contact and i quickly look back at my book. My cheeks heat up and i feel the butterflies in my stomach. I secretly look back up but he already looked away, I can't see his face cause he looks out of the window. I disappointed look back at my book and i continue my math homework.
When the school bell rings Corbyn and i both get up, "Gosh these exercises are really killing me" he says I nod in agreement. "Yeah i really don't get the exercises" I say, well that's no surprise since you've been looking at Corbyn during the whole fucking class and you didn't listen to the teacher for one second. Corbyn and I talk a bit about math and then we arrive at our next class, PE.... Really not looking forward to this subject, this is the only class i have with Sophie. Corbyn and i both go into our dressing rooms, when i enter mine some girls are already in there. "Hey" I say and i sit down at the bench, they all just look at me with disgusted facial expressions and they continue their conversations, I sigh. I grab my gym clothes out of my gym bag, they're just a simple black sports legging and a pink loose long sleeve sports shirt and I wear a black sports bra underneath. When i'm fully changed i walk up to the toilets, I look in the mirror and put my hair up in a ponytail. Ugh my sports bra kinda shines through my pink shirt. Well fuck that. I walk back to the dressing room and i enter the indoor gym field we have. I sit down at the bench and I start with pulling off some pieces of my nails, then Corbyn enters the room and he sits down next to me. "Have you seen Sophie yet?" he asks, I shake my head no "she wasn't in the dressing room, but maybe she's late?" I say. And exactly at that moment Sophie enters the room, "There she is" I say and i clench my fists. I really hate that girl. "Heeyyy Corbynn" she says and she sits down next to him, I sigh and i look her in the face "Don't you have a boyfriend Sophie?" I say and she smiles at me. "Oh no I broke up with him" she says and she looks back at Corbyn, "So i'll give you another chance-" she says but Corbyn breaks in, "Listen Sophie" he says while he almost spits out her name, "I do not want to go out with you understood?" he says and he gets up from the bench. Sophie just sits there stunned, "How does that feel huh?" I say, "It sucks to be rejected doesn't it?" I add and then i also get up.

When the school day is over Corbyn and I are standing by our lockers, the rest of the day Corbyn and i haven't talked about his comment. He likes someone, I really wonder who. I think i do not have any chance anymore, I knew my chances were small but now? It's almost impossible to date him now. "Soo shall we go to my place now to work on the project?" I ask being so casual as i can. But knowing me i make this awkward pose with my arm above my head while leaning against my locker. I almost fall doing that, but i quickly recover and just lean against my locker. I look at Corbyn and his cheeks immediately heat up, "Yeah sure" he says and a little smile appears on his face. Is he laughing at me? Well duhh cause i looked super stupid doing that wierd ass pose.
We walk up to my car and get in, "So if it's okey with you I need to get some things from the supermarket, I wanted to do that now real quick so i don't have to do it tonight. But i can also do it after i drop you off" I say and my cheeks immediately heat up. "We can do the grocery shopping now" Corbyn says laughing. I nod and i start the car.