Chapter 68

I'm standing in front of the woods, I'm around 30 minutes to early cause I'm meeting up with the police. They're giving me all sort of equipment which is gonna record the conversations i have with my dad so the police has his confession.
Yes my mom and I went to the police, we did not go to Tanner, we didn't like her at all and we insisted on having a different detective on his case. The police went in on it and now we have a new and much nicer detective, her name is Cooper. "So you know what do right?" she asks and I nod, I'm getting pretty nervous now. "Good, I'm sure you will do it perfectly and don't worry, if you don't get his confession that's fine, we're already super happy that we can finally get him behind bars" she adds and I nod, "I will try my best" I say and she smiles. She puts her hand on my shoulder and squeezes in it, "I'm really happy that you and your mother decided to come to us" she says and I just awkwardly smile. Then she lets go off my shoulder and walks back to her team, I grab my phone out of my back pocket and see that Corbyn has send me a text.
Texts:
Corbyn: Hey babe! I'm now at the supermarket doing some grocery shopping for my grandma but then I'm heading back to you! <3
*A smile appears on my face when I see his text, I really miss him*
Me: See you tonight Bean <3
End of texts
I put my phone away and I take a sip out of my water bottle, it's getting pretty hot in the sun and I'm getting more and more nervous every second. I get that same tight feeling in my throat again as i had when I lied to my mom. I hate that feeling, I hoped it would go away if I drank some water but I guess that won't work.
"So are you ready to go in?" Cooper asks and I nod, "Yep" I say. I take another sip of water and I walk up to the woods, my dad and I are meeting up at the lake again. When I'm walking up to the lake I feel that my hands and legs are starting to shake, okey stay calm Mia, take deep breaths. I turn around the corner and there's my dad again, "Hey" I say and my dad turns around and he smiles, "Hey Bambi" he replies and we both walk up to the little bench. "I'm so glad you wanted to meet up with me again" my dad says and I nod, I look at my hands and I start playing with a ring i'm wearing. "Well I just needed some more explanations" I say and my dad nods understanding. "What do you want to know?" he asks and I look him right in the eyes, "So be honest okey?" I say and he nods, "Did you really steal the money cause you were bored?" I ask, I'm getting more and more sweaty. I really hope he says yes and just confesses the whole thing. "Yeah" my dad says and he looks down, "But i really regret doing that, you know that right? I just didn't think the consequences through" he says and I nod, "You clearly did not" I say and my dad bites his lip, "I'm so sorry you had to go through all of that because of me" my dad says and I just nod. "Well you can't really change that now can you?" I say and he nods, "I can't, but I can try to make it up to you! I can give you some of the money I stole?" my dad says and I frown, anger starts to rush through my body and I get up from the bench. "What?!" I say while the anger is dripping of my voice, "I do not need nor do i want that money! When are you finally gonna understand that money does not solve everything!" I say while raising my voice. My dad also gets up from the bench, "I know i didn't mean it like that" he says and he walks up to me.
I can see in his eyes that he didn't mean it like that, and I really want to believe him I really do. But ever since I can remember everything's been about money with him, we needed to move to a bigger house, we needed this and we needed this. My mom and I just kinda went along with it but we don't really care about money. You can't buy happiness with money. Then I hear multiple footsteps approach and I look up, my dad also looks around him and we are surrounded by the police. "I'm sorry dad" I say with a soft voice and I exit the woods, "Bambi!" my dad yells but I don't turn around, a tear slowly rolls down my cheek as I make my way back to my car.