Chapter 64

"Well" my dad starts and I shake my head, "You know what this was a mistake" I say and I get up from the bench, "No Bambi" my dad says and he grabs my wrist. "Just let me explain it okey?" he asks, I'm really doubting, should I stay? I kinda want to hear what he has to say. After a few seconds of fighting with my thoughts i decide to stay. "Fine" I say and I sit back down, "But cut the bullshit" I say and my dad nods. "But please answer my question, how are you?" he asks again and I shrug my shoulders, "I'm doing good, I have the most perfect boyfriend, I'm doing good at school and mom and I are closer than ever" I say and my dad slowly nods. "So uh I wanted to talk to you about your boyfriend" my dad says and I nod, "What you said on that note is so not true" I say and my dad shakes his head no. "Bambi, I've dealt with people like him, he's acting super nice and all but he just wants your money" my dad says and I shake my head, "Listen, you have never met him, I have and I'm sure he's not dating me cause of my money" I say slowly raising my voice. My dad nods, "Okey well if you say so, but just be carefull" my dad says and I nod, "So tell me" I start and I look him right in the eyes, "Were you ever gonna tell mom and I that you were stealing money? Or that you were planning on running away?". My dad slowly nods, "Well?" I ask, "Well uhm I don't really know" my dad answers and I shake my head no, "Well why did you steal the money in the first place? It's not like we needed it" I say. "Well the thing was, the company was doing super good and well i just wanted to feel alive again. I just felt like I became this boring person and I wanted some fear in my life again. So yeah, it kinda started with stealing little amounts from huge companies but then it got bigger and bigger and it got more fun and well then the police found out" my dad says and I shake my head, "So you stole money cause you were bored?" I say and the disgust is hearable in my voice. "Well if you say it like that I sound like a horrible person" my dad says and he laughs, I shake my head and get up from the bench, "You are disgusting" I say and I slowly walk away from him. "No Bambi okey I'm sorry, you're right, I'm horrible" he says and he quickly gets up from the bench and he walks up to me. He reaches to grab my hand but I pull it away, "Don't, don't try to baby me or something" I say and my dad nods, "Okey, I'm sorry, I know I shouldn't have left without telling you or your mom anything" my dad says and I nod. "Indeed, do you have any idea how this was for us? Mom was devastated, she's been married to you for over 20 years and then you do this?" I say and my dad nods, "I did not think about the consequences" he says. "You clearly did not, there were fucking reporters all over our house for weeks! And my boyfriend, the guy you think dates me for money, made them go away. Everyone at school's been calling me thief and stuff like that. And you running away did not make it better" I say and my dad slowly nods, "I'm sorry" he says, "You better be" I reply and the anger is clearly hearable in my voice. "I did not know it would turn out like this" he said and I don't reply, "But please let me back in your life" my dad adds and I frown. "What do you mean? Are you going to turn yourself in?" I ask and my dad shakes his head no, "Of course not! I don't want to be in prison" he says and I shake my head no, "Well you needed to think about that before you decided you were bored and stole money" I say and my dad looks at the ground. "I'm sorry okey" my dad says, "Well I'm not the only you should apologize to, what about the people you stole the money from? And mom?" I say and my dad nods. "I know, but I just can't do that without getting discovered" he says and I sigh, "Well too bad for you". "But please let me back into your life" my dad says again, "Well how do you see that? I'm not gonna lie to mom and my boyfriend again to meet up with you" I say with a disgusted facial expression. "Please Bambi, we're like each other and we need each other" my dad says and I frown, "We're not like each other at all, I do not steal money from innocent people" I say and my dad nods, "I know that, but other than that we are like each other" he says and I shrug my shoulders. "So what? I've survived perfectly fine without you these past months" I say and my dad looks kinda hurt when I say that but I really don't care about his feelings at this point. "Just think about it okey, and leave your little lamp on tonight if you still want to meet up" my dad says and he grabs his coat, "I need to go now but I hope I see you again" my dad says and I don't answer. I turn around and I walk up to the lake, I lean on the fence and I hear his footsteps slowly fading.

I'm just staring at the lake when suddenly my phone goes off, it's my mom, I quickly answer it.
Phonecall:
"Where are you? It's 6pm!" my mom says with a concerned voice, wait is it already 6pm? "Omg I'm so sorry, I got distracted and I went to the woods, I'm so sorry my mom, I'm now walking to my car and I'll be home in around 10 minutes" I say. "It's okey sweetie, I just really need to talk to you when you get home" my mom says, "Okey! See you soon" I say and I end the phone call.
What could my mom wants to talk about with me?