Chapter 13

When i park my car i see that the reporters are still at my house, "Can't you guys just leave?" I ask and they immediately aim their cameras at me again, I sigh and shake my head. I walk up to my front door, I want to open it when someone grabs my arm, "Miss Scott, did you help your father with stealing the money?" a reporter asks, I pull my arm back and i give him a dead glare, "I asked if you guys could leave!" I yell and then i enter the house. My mom is sitting at the dining table, she's dressed and showered. "Hey mom" I say while i sit down at the table. "Oh hey sweetie" my mom says while she looks up from the newspaper, "How was school?" she asks and i shrug my shoulders. "Sophie chose to hate me again, but i made a new friend!" I say and my mom smiles at me. "Well i never liked Sophie anyway, when she dropped you a few years ago you were devastated, I never forgave her for doing that" she says and i smile. "Well I found a new friend and he doesn't care about what my dad did or how wealthy my family is!" I say and my mom looks at me with a weird smile. "A boy?" she asks and i start to blush, "We're just friends" I say and i quickly get up from the table, "But you like him don't you, why would you blush otherwise?" she says, "Momm" I say and she laughs. "I'm sorry just needed to do that" she says and i smile at her. "Why don't you invite him over for dinner tomorrow?" she asks. "Oh yeah i can do that, but only if he wants to. By the way, I'm not cooking again" I say and my mom's facial expression changes from happy to sad. "I'm sorry Mia, I was just devastated. It just felt like your dad betrayed me and my heart was broken into little pieces. But i decided that i would stop thinking about that" she says and I smile. "Well just know that i'm here" I say and she smiles, "That's supposed to be my line" she says and we both laugh.

I continue to walk up the stairs and i enter my room, I sit down at my desk and I open my math books. It's a hard subject but a very important one, I take a deep breath and i start to focus on the first exercises. They're not that hard actually!

After an hour or so I finished my math homework and i'm pretty proud at myself for doing that! It was not as hard as i expected! Now it's time to start with my English essay. Those are things i'm pretty good at, I love to write so writing essays is not a problem at all for me.

I open my laptop and i start with the essay when I hear the doorbell ring, I look up from my laptop and i walk to my window. My view is the street, so i can see the front door from my room. I look to see who's there, it's that woman from the police again. I sigh and i sit back down at my desk. I hear my mom opening the door, after like 30 seconds she calls me; "Mia could you come downstairs please?".