Chapter 38

When Corbyn and I are just talking the door suddenly opens and a guy who looks really similar to Corbyn enters the room, "Hey Bean" he says without looking at us, I don't think he noticed me cause he's looking down at his phone. "Hey Jordan, this is Mia" Corbyn says and Jordan immediately looks up to me, "Ahh so you're Mia" he says. I feel that my cheeks heat up, did he talk about me? He told his mom how i looked and I think his brother also sort of knows who i am. "So your dad stole the money huh?" he says and he lets himself fall onto his bed, I bite my lip and nod, "Yep that's my dad" I say and Corbyn gives Jordan a dead glare. "What?" he said, "Just asking" he adds and he goes back to his phone. "Sorry for him" Corbyn says and I shrug my shoulders, "It's okey" I say and Corbyn doesn't really agree with me. "No it's not, you shouldn't be constantly reminded of something your dad did" he says, "True" I say, "But what can we do about it? Everyone knows and everyone is curious about it" I say. Corbyn just nods, I look at the time at my phone, "I think i should go soon, I still need to prepare a few things for the exams tomorrow" I say and Corbyn and I both get up from his bed, "Bye Jordan, nice meeting you" I say and he smiles and waves at me when we exit the room. When we start to walk down the stairs a door suddenly opens and a girl stands there, I think she's around 3 years younger than me. "BEAN!" she yells and she immediately runs up to Corbyn, "Hey Ash" he says and they hug. "How are you feeling?" he asks and she shrugs her shoulders, "Okey, but according to mom I still have a fever" she says and Corbyn feels her forehead. "Yep you do, I think that there's no school for you tomorrow" he says. "Hey" the girl says and she looks at me, "Hey" I reply and I smile at her. "Is that Mia?" the girls asks. "Yeah that's Mia, Mia this is my younger sister Ashley" he says and I nod. "You're so pretty, I get why Bean fell for you" she says and my cheeks immediately heat up again. Why does literally everyone in this house think i'm pretty? No one has ever told me that, except for my parents of course but it would be weird if they told me i was ugly. "Well I hope to see you soon, when I'm feeling a bit better" she says and I nod, "Same! I hope you feel better soon" I say and she smiles. She walks back to her room and closes the door. Then Corbyn and I really walk down the stairs, I grab my coat and I put on my shoes. "So see you tomorrow morning?" I ask while i struggle to find one sleeve of my coat. Corbyn, the gentleman that he is, immediately helps me. "Yep" he says and he looks at me, "I'm sorry again for Jordan, he didn't mean it like that, he's just curious" he says and I smile. "Don't worry about it, it's fine really" I say and he smiles. He opens his arms for a hug and of course i answer it, I walk up to him and wrap my arms around his upper body, he wraps his arms around mine. With his chin he leans on my head, we let go off each other and I walk to the front door. When I open it I look over my shoulder at Corbyn, "See you tomorrow" I say and he nods. When I turn back around I start to walk away, when suddenly Corbyn pulls me back, I look up to him and he presses his lips against mine, he has one hand on my neck and the other on my waist. I close my eyes, my left hand is on his hip and my right one reaches to his jaw.
Then suddenly we're interrupted, "Ugh you guys don't be so gross" a male voice says, we both immediately pull back and there's Jordan. He laughs and he walks to the living room. Corbyn shakes his head and he also laughs, "Well see you tomorrow" he says and I nod and smile. I turn back around and I walk to my car for real this time. I get in and I start the drive back home.