Chapter 8

After the attack from the stranger, Naruto went to go meet up with Sakura and two new people while Aceso went to go check on Kakashi. 

"How are you feeling?" Aceso asked as she walked in, Kakashi opened his eyes and glanced at her.

"Shouldn't you be at home?" Kakashi asked as he slowly sat up.

"Couldn't sit still," Aceso answered. "Plus, I wanted to start back at the hospital."

"I hear that Naruto is being sent on a mission," Kakashi brought up. "If you can't sit still, maybe you should go on it."

"And risk running into him?" Aceso asked. "I'm not ready for that." She sat in the chair next to his bed and looked away. 

"I'm guessing it was that bad," Kakashi noted. He's never seen her repel a mission unless she had to be at the hospital.

"Yeah," Aceso breathed softly looking up at him.

"You should take a few days off," Kakashi suggested. "No one will hold it against you."

"No, I like working," Aceso answered. "Especially in here in the hospital."

"Then as your dad, I order you to take a break," Kakashi ordered. "You can come in here and work, but no more than 5 hours, no 12 hours shifts...next week you can start again with the 12 hours shifts, but until then it's a no."

"But-" Aceso began.

"Please," Kakashi said. "It hurts me to see you this upset and hurt." Aceso paused...she never meant to hurt anyone.

"I'm so sorry, Dad," Aceso apologized. " I didn't want to hurt you."

"You did nothing wrong, don't apologize," Kakashi said. "But please...take a break...you haven't even been back for a day."

"Okay," Aceso gave in. "Starting tomorrow." She looked out his window, to see Lee looking up at the windows. Kakashi looked back, then at Aceso.

"Don't avoid him," Kakashi said. 

"I'm just not ready to talk about what happened," Aceso said.

"Take your time," Kakashi said. "Though if you talk to someone, it may make you feel better."

"I'm not sure it will this time," Aceso denied.

"Can't hurt to try," Kakashi said. Aceso nodded, standing up.

"I'll go check on some other patients and then come back," Aceso said.

"See you later," Kakashi said. 

Aceso went to check on other patients, and as she did so she couldn't help but think about what Kakashi said to her. She didn't mean to avoid Lee, but for some reason, she couldn't find the courage to face him. For months, she longed to see him again, but after what she did to those medical ninjas, she couldn't face him. Aceso knew Lee doesn't like it when people are unnecessarily cruel to others. 

Aceso was now back in Kakashi's room, Master Jiraya was there as well. Kakashi was giggling as he read a book Master Jiraya had given them.

"Look at you, doctor Mastuba," Jiraya greeted. "You've grown into a fine young woman...rumor has it you have gotten stronger as well...taking out Orochimaru." Kakashi looked over his book.

"I didn't take him out, I just gave him some sleeping pills," Aceso answered. "Crushed it up and mixed it with some spicy curry that he requested."

"Curry or not, you still managed to escape from his clutches," Jiraya said. "Did you take out his four eye friend the same way?"