Chapter 9

Team Kakashi has finally returned to the village, Master Jiraya was updating Aceso and Kakashi on their mission. They were in Kakashi's room in the hospital.

"What? " Aceso asked in shock. "They fought with Sasuke?"

"Yeah," Jiraya answered.

"But their original mission was--" Kakashi began.

" I know," Jiraya breathed. "The mission that they were given was to capture Sasori's spy and bring him back to the Leaf, hopefully gathering intel on Orochimaru and Sasuke while they were at it. However, Kabuto Yakushi turned out to be the spy and had already been freed from Sasori's Jutsu. It seems Orochimaru meant to use their meeting as a means of taking Sasori out, not knowing that he had already been killed. Naruto confronted him, losing control of his emotions, and unfortunately ran amok. As soon as that fourth tail appeared, everything went straight to hell. Orochimaru went head to head with him in his Nine-Tails form and was probably pushed to his limits because he vanished while Yamato was busy getting Naruto under control. Yamato managed to have a clone tail them though. They eventually located Orochimaru's hideout. And made their way inside. That's when they ran into Sasuke, and the battle ensued."

"So, what happened?" Kakashi asked. Jiraya seemed angered by the result of them fighting Sasuke.

"Sasuke has gotten stronger, hasn't he?" Aceso asked. " He was stronger when I had a run-in with him, I'm guessing he's gotten stronger since then."

"Yes," Jiraya sighed. " Sasuke is significantly more powerful now. Naruto was apparently no match for him."

"I see," Kakashi bowed his head.

"Ah, don't let it get you too down," Jiraya advised. " He couldn't use his full power because of all the damage he took from morphing into the Nine-Tails. Anyway--"

"Oh no," Kakashi cut him off. "That's not the part that worries me." He leaned against the pillow. " I figured Sasuke would be stronger at this point. I just--Now that Naruto has realized how far ahead Sasuke is, he'll be hungry for more training. Know what I mean?"

"Oh yeah," Jiraya laughed in agreement. 

"Anyway, we should jus the glad they came home in one piece," Aceso said. After their discussion, Aceso worked a couple of more hours before being sent home.

"Hello," a voice greeted, Aceso jumped, turning to face the pale boy, the new team member of Team Kakashi.

"You must be Sai," Aceso greeted. 

"You must be Aceso," Sai said. Aceso nodded her head. "Naruto tells me that you are a doctor?" Sai brought up.

"That is correct," Aceso nodded.

"May you help me heal my creating friendships problem?" Sai asked.

"That's something you learn along the way," Aceso said. "But I think there are a few books on it in the library. You are probably going to be sent on a mission soon, so meet me after the mission."

"Thank you, Aceso," Sai smiled, it was a real smile.

******

A day later Aceso was in the library with Sai, they were looking at books about forging friendships. 

"In order to be more quickly understood by others, one must first draw them in and warm them to oneself," Sai read. "For example, when addressing others, if you persist in maintaining formality a reserved air develops and never allows the gap the be bridged. Have confidence. Just take the plunge and call out to people casually. Or you could come up with a nickname or a term of endearment. By doing so, those you speak to will feel closer to you and begin to see you as more of a friend. That makes sense."