Chapter 18

(Back to the show storyline) 

It was a quick trip from Shubkau to deliver medicine, Aceso arrived back the very same day she left. Aceso was now in the Hokage's office.

"I see that trip was a success," Tsunade said.

"Quick and easy," Aceso answered. "The Tsuchikage should have a better time with his back not hurting so much."

"Who met you there?" Tsunade asked.

"The Third Tsuchikage's son Kitsuhci and a few others," Aceso answered.

"Did they give you any trouble?" Tsunade asked.

"Updates on Naruto and Kakuzu?" Aceso asked. Tsunade then told her everything, there was a knock at the door.

"Come in," Tsunade said, Shizune walked in.

"An ANBU shinobi bird brought this in," Shizune informed pulling a slip of paper. Tsunade took it from her.

"Where's Kakashi?" Tsunade asked. 

"I would imagine he's probably with Naruto, milady," Shizune answered. 

" I see," Tsunade breathed. "So he's telling him. Make sure he knows I wish to see him the minute he's done."

"Did the ANBU shinobi find Orochimaru's lair?" Shizune asked. 

"No," Tsunade answered. "Apparently they came under attack just as they were about to zero in on it. We need to form a team immediately. I don't want that trail growing cold."

"Yes, Milady," Shizune said, Tsunade got out of her chair going over to the window. 

"The ANBU who relayed this information is nothing more than a memory," Tsunade said. 

"Yes," Shizune said. "The code of ANBU. Leave no corpse when you die. Ever."

"That's right," Tsunade said. "But he won't have died in vain. We'll find it."

"Yes, Milady," Shizune said leaving the building.

"Aceso," Tsunade said.

"Yes, Milady," Aceso said.

"This a risky question to ask, but if it is needed, will you go as reinforcement for whatever team goes find the lair, I'm only asking cause it may involve You-Know-Who."

"I can do it," Aceso confirmed.

"Are you sure?" Tsunade asked.

"I mustn't be afraid anymore," Aceso said. " I will never heal if I don't face him. Same with how you got over your fear of blood."

"Very well," Tsunade nodded. "You were supposed to be taking a break."

" I will be fine," Aceso assured. " I lived in a hospital for most of my life, I'm used to it."

"Be ready at any given notice," Tsunade ordered.

"Yes, Milady," Aceso said leaving the office. 

"Hey, kiddo," Kakashi greeted when she left the building.

"Hey, dad," Aceso greeted with a smile.

"I'm heading off to find Naruto, come with," Kakashi said.

"He's probably at the ramen shop," Aceso suspected.

"Not the hospital?" Kakashi asked.

"Knowing Naruto, he'll do anything to get out of that place and try to train," Aceso said.

"And ramen is going to make his arm better?" Kakashi asked.

"In his mind yes," Aceso giggled as they walked up to the ramen shop, they saw that Team 7 was all there.