Chapter 50

Everyone stared at the creature as it continued to roar angrily, multiple rocks rose up rapidly. 

"That statue's been acting all weird since it swallowed those objects earlier," Gai said. 

"Wait, that was--" Naruto began.

"Don't tell me--" Kakashi said. 

"Watch closely!" Tobi warned. "And surrender yourself completely! The return of Ten Tails! And the beginning of the end of the world!

" So that's it!" Kakashi gasped. "The Gedo statue was Ten-Tails actual body!"

"Huh?! What does he mean?! What's the Ten-Tails?" Naruto asked. 

"But what's going on?" Aceso asked. "Back when he declared war at the Five Kage Summit...He claimed the purpose of this war was to collect the Nine-Tails Beasts' chakra to revive Ten-Tails."

"He doesn't possess Eight-Tails and Nine-Tails yet...So is he bluffing?" Kakashi asked. He looked back at Naruto. "Don't be careless. Approaching him is deadly!

"He for a bit of Eight-O's chakra from back in the day. Now we're sweatin' 'cause holmes is here to stay. It's mot a-okay!" Killer B explained. 

"Eight Tails' octopus arm chakra, huh?" Kakashi repeated. "And Aceso you said the Gold and Silver Brothers were in those tools, right?"

"Yeah," Aceso nodded.

"So just a piece of a Tailed Beast is sufficient?" Kakashi asked. 

"Listen up, all of you!" a voice demanded, it was coming from Naruto. 

"Huh?" Gai asked.

"That voice!" Kakashi exclaimed.

"Naruto's switched places with Nine Tails, pow!" Killer B explained. "So just relax, he's explain it to us. Nine Tails and Naruto, they're real tight now!"

"Mr. Kurama?" Aceso asked. "Please go on."

"If just a portion of a Tailed Beast is sufficient, that statue already has a piece of Eight Tails' and my chakra in it," Kurama began. "The jar and gourd that guy summoned and fed to the statue were two of Old Man Six Paths' treasured tools. They possess powerful Sealing Jutsu that can seal away anything. Once you're inside, you'd can not get out. So...as Naruto's brat sister said earlier, the Gold and Silver are sealed in the jar and gourd, also known as Kinkaku and Ginkaku. I suspect they were brought back with the Reanimation Jutsu, used in the war, and sealed away. 

"Kinkaku, Ginkaku, the Sage of Sixth Paths..." Gai repeated. "Sure, all of them are legendary names. But what in the world do any of them have to do with Nine Tails' chakra?"

"There was a time long ago when the brothers challenged me to a battle," Kurama explained. "I simply devoured them. However, they survived and fed on me from the inside. And, in doing so, they absorbed my chakra."

"And the guy in the mask took the two of them from Darui's First Company as an insurance policy for reviving the Ten-Tails," Kakashi gathered. "That's consistent with the report from HQ."

"But since they're just fragments of Eight Tails' and my chakra, who knows what form the revived Ten-Tails will take?" Kurama wondered. 

"We must act before Ten-Tails fully comes back to life," Kakashi declared. 

"Kakashi," Tobi said. "You speak your mind far too easily." Kakashi squinted at him. "You're a man for whom a life of regret is fitting!"

"You bastard," Gai frowned. "Just who in the hell are you, anyway?"

"What would be the point in telling someone who can't remember faces?" Tobi asked. 

"This guy seems to know the two of you," Aceso said.