Chapter 12

They all watched the zombies disappear into the dust. The giant section of land was clear through, they could see how much damage was caused to the main gate.

"Now what's going on?" Ebisu demanded. "The reanimation jutsu is wearing off."

"So that must mean the other squad defeated the enemies then right?" Kotetsu said. 

"Yeah," Izumo said. " I hope so."

" I think we're gonna be ok," Kotetsu smiled.

I wouldn't go that far," Genma denied.

"What's happening?" Izumo demanded. Pieces from the big pile of land were falling off. They watched it collapse, taking down the main gate with it.

"Yeah!" Kiba cheered along with everyone else. "That's how you do to it!"

"We have done it!" Lee cheered. "The Jutsu is fading away!" 

"The Leaf village is still standing strong" Choji smiled. 

"Nah," Genma denied. "Shikamaru is right. I could be a diversion. I wouldn't start celebrating just yet."

"This ain't over," Shikamaru said. "There's a much bigger Jutsu coming. Konohamaru said they had a way to toast the whole village. Hey, whatever happened to Yamato and Sakura? Didn't they leave to help Asuma-sensei?"

"No word back from Sakura?" Shikamaru asked.

"No, nothing," Aceso answered. 

" Well, that doesn't sound good," Shikamaru stated.

"Shikamaru," Genma said.

"Huh?" Shikamaru asked looking over. "We have to assume that the village is still in jeopardy. So, for the moment, we should treat the reanimation Jutsu ending as a trick. They want us to let our guard down."

"All right, got it," Shikamaru said. "So we need to locate either Sakura and Yamato or the enemies themselves."

"That's correct," Genma confirmed. "Now go put together a team. I want you to investigate the village."

"Yeah, sure thing," Shikamaru agreed. They soon took off to go find Sakura and Yamato or the enemy, they ran through the empty streets of the village, scanning viciously. Shikamaru glanced over at Aceso, and she nodded. She jumped and took a different route with Akamaru, Kiba, and Lee. 

They soon ran through the forest, shortly after, Shikamaru rejoined them, along with Choji and Ino. "Where ya been, Shikamaru?"

"You sure about this, then?" Shikamaru asked. 

"Is Akamaru's nose or mine ever wrong?" Kiba asked. 

"No," Aceso answered.

"It's not just Sora out there," Kiba said. "Asuma-sensei and Naruto are with them as well. And there's the trace of another scent. Someone not from the village."

"The enemy?" Shikamaru asked. Up ahead a large orange light appeared above the trees. 

"What in the world was that?" Lee asked. They arrived to see a huge crater with everyone inside it, including the stranger, Captain Yamato, and Sakura. Sora was looking a bit like Naruto, with the Nine-Tails cloak over his body. He raised his hand, getting ready to strike, Aceso did her Jutsu. Her ropes tied up all the way around Sora,'s arm, she pulled on it so he couldn't move it, he went to go move his legs, to find them trapped by a shadow.

"Shadow Possession Jutsu complete," Shikamaru said. 

" Shikamaru, Choji, Little Sister!" Naruto exclaimed.