Chapter 33

Morning came, Aceso, Tonton, Shizune, and Sakura kneeled beside Lady Tsunade, she was still comatose.

"Don't worry, Sakura," Shizune said. "Lady Tsunade will recover, I'm sure of it."

"Yeah," Sakura breathed as Tonton sat down. They heard the door open.

"Hi, guys," Naruto greeted, they looked back to see Naruto and Choji. "We brought you lunch."

"Here," Choji said, Tonton drooled looking at the mountain of rice balls.  "We got all of the rice balls we could, I hope it's enough."

"Thanks, but there's only the three of us," Sakura said. "We'll never eat all these." She stared at Choji as he chowed down on a rice ball. 

"Then I could always eat some," Choji said. 

"That was your whole plan, all along, wasn't it?" Sakura growled as Tonton jumped to Shizune for safety. 

"Yeah, okay?" Choji laughed, putting a hand behind his head. "You caught me. But you really should eat Sakura. Goes best with a little bit of salt."

"All right," Naruto stretched. "Guess, I'll go help rebuild Ichiraku, if I do, I'll get a free bowl of ramen."

"Boy, you really do love ramen, don't you?" Sakura asked.

"Yeah," Naruto laughed grabbing Aceso's wrist, he bolted out of the tent. "I need it to keep up my strength. By the way, little sister I told a few of the injured I would bring you over as soon as I found you."

"Oh, thank you, you should have gotten me sooner," Aceso said. As Aceso worked she recalled an incident coming home to the leaf. Right around the time Granny Tsunade came back to the village, Aceso had to go out and gather some herbs. Hours later when she came back there was an entire wooden barrier around the village, she later found out that they thought Naruto was carrying around a dangerous chakra virus.

"Doctor Matsuba?" a voice asked. Aceso glanced back to see Kotetsu. 

"Oh, Kotetsu," Aceso greeted. "Izumo should just be in the next tent, he should be fine by tomorrow."

"Thank you," Kotetsu nodded, he remained standing there.

"Is everything alright?" Aceso asked.

"I saw some ostrich footprints earlier," Kotetsu answered. "It made me think of that mission I went on with your brother."

"As I recall, you two, Shino, and Rock Lee went into the animal district to retrieve a lost ostrich named Candor," Aceso recalled. "That was certainly a sight."

"If it wasn't Izumo, we probably would have been done for," Kotetsu laughed before walking out.

****Flashback****

Sasuke had left the village for Orochimaru about two weeks ago, Aceso was now sitting at the front desk at the hospital, it was an easy day.  

"Room 117," Aceso instructed handing the people a sheet of paper and pencil.

"Thank you," the lady nodded rubbing her belly.

"Uh, Aceso?" a voice asked. She looked forward to seeing Izumo, Shino, Naruto, Kotetsu, and Lee; but all of them were injured.

"What happened to you five?" Aceso asked.

"Remember Candor, that Ostrich I told you about?" Naruto asked.

"Uh?" Aceso asked.

"Lady Hokage had us go looking for it at Training ground zero," Naruto explained.

"I thought humans weren't allowed in," Aceso recalled.