Chapter 14

The next day, Aceso left home early to go to work, she wanted to work on her medicine in the lab. She was having no luck. After a few hours, she went to ramen and met up with Kakashi, Yamato, and Naruto. Kakashi was holding up Naruto. 

"Little Sister!" Naruto greeted waving his hand.

"Oh, hey," Aceso greeted with a smile. "How's training going?"

"Naruto is progressing well," Kakashi answered. "Soon he will be able to make a Jutsu his own."

"That's fantastic," Aceso said as they walked up to the ramen shop.

"How's your medicine coming along?" Naruto asked.

"Proving to be harder than I hoped it to be," Aceso admitted. "But I'm not giving up. Captain Yamato, how are those chakra patches?"

"They have proven to be highly helpful," Yamato said. He seemed to be just as exhausted as Naruto. "Thank you."

"He's less scary when he's tired," Naruto said leaning towards his sister. 

"See Naruto, we are here," Kakashi said as they stopped.

"Hello," Aceso greeted pulling the curtains to the side.

"Welcome customers!" Teuchi shouted. 

"Uh, hi," Kakashi greeted. They sat Naruto down, he slammed his head onto the table.

"Listen, old man," Naruto ordered. "Extra large pork miso with extra pork. On the double."

"We have a new menu," Ayame broke it to him. "Take it a look." She put the menu in front of him. Aceso sat on the end next to Kakashi.

"That's great," Naruto complimented. "But I still want extra-large pork miso with meat, noodles al dente."

"Hey, come on," Ayame groaned. "You didn't even look at the menu."

"Give it a look-see, Naruto," Teuchi insisted. "As of today, we've made some pretty big changes to the lineup."

"That's right!" Ayame exclaimed. "We serve dipping noodles

"Dipping noodles?" Aceso asked as she looked over to see the new menu.

"I'm sticking with extra pork miso with meat," Naruto said. "And go ahead and throw in some pickled red ginger."

"Would you listen?" Ayame snapped. "We don't serve ramen any longer."

"Huh?" Naruto asked opening his eyes.

"It's not mentioned anywhere on the menu," Aceso noted.

"Wait, a second," Kakashi said as they looked at the signs. " So this is a noodle dipping shop now?

"See, my daughter Ayame went off to get some professional training as a noodle maker," Teuchi informed. "She came home and said." He made his voice high pitch. "Dad, the age of dipping noodles has arrived. We need to take Ichiraku in a new culinary direction."His voice went back to normal as Ayame stood there all smug. "Yep. Now my girls got all kinds of fancy business knowledge."

"The customers' likes and dislikes are constantly evolving," Ayama stated. "If Ichiraku doesn't change too, we'll fall behind the times."

"See?" Teuchi laughed putting a hand behind his head. " Haha."

"What the hell are you talking about?" Naruto demanded, lifting his head. " All I wanted was a simple pork miso and meat."

"It'll be fine," Kakashi assured. "Dipping noodles are pretty much the same as ramen."

"No, they're not," Aceso declined.

"Dipping noodles are served separate from the broth," Yamato added. "You dip and eat, like soba."