Chapter 69

The next day Aceso was working at the shop, nobody was in, so she read up on the knitting book she got. She was getting close to choosing a design. Last night was strange, Lee was in a happier mood, but still, they didn't sleep in the same bed. 

"My love!" Lee shouted opening the front door, Aceso jumped she shoved the book under the counter as fast as possible. She looked up to see Tenten, Kankuro, and Gaara with him.

"Where's Temari?" Aceso asked. 

"She stayed back in the Hokage building to relax for a bit," Kankuro answered. "She has been acting strange as soon as we got here."

"We are on official business of escorting them around the village," Tenten informed. "Until Lady Mizukage arrives for the Kage Summit."

"So what brought all of you to the pharmacy?" Aceso asked.

"Well, we couldn't just come to the leaf without popping to see you," Kankuro said with a smile.

"Gaara wants to find out what Naruto likes, so we're going to take him and Kankuro to the ramen shop," Lee answered. "Come with us."

"Uh," Aceso breathed, she looked at her cousins.

"Go on sensei," Oda said sneaking up from behind. "I'll watch the shop! You work too much for your own good! Go out and have some fun! Your cousins aren't here often! Go on!"

"Thank you, Oda," Aceso smiled at her. "I won't be gone too long." She turned and whispered in her ear. "Can you put the magazine upstairs in the guest bedroom?"

"Yes, ma'am," Oda answered.

"Thank you," Acseo whispered before leaving with the others. The group made their way to the ramen place. "Gaara, why do you want to know what Naruto likes?"

"For his wedding gift," Kankuro said. "It's going to be from the sand, so it has to be extravagant."

"Everyone's been in a frenzy about it," Aceso stated as she lowered her head a little.

"I understand. You want to give Naruto a wedding gift, too?" Lee said. "He will definitely be overjoyed by that!"

"You said too. So do you have your gift already?" Gaara asked.

"Yes, of course!" Lee answered with a thumbs up. 

"I see," Gaara breathed.

"What about you, cousin?" Kankuro asked.

"Well, I know what I'm getting them, but it's not ready," Aceso answered. "What are you two thinking of?"

"I've never had to pick out a wedding gift before," Gaara answered. "And I don't have the slightest clue about what I should get him."

"Then you must begin by considering just what  wedding ceremony is in the first place!" Lee advised. Tenten seemed concerned about the question. 

"What's a wedding ceremony?" Gaara repeated. "Well...That's a very philosophical question."

"Yes, you are right!" Lee agreed. " One way that you can think about it is this...what is that is absolutely necessary for a wedding ceremony?"

"What's absolutely necessary?" Gaara repeated. 

"Ah," Kankuro began, he seemed flustered. "Well, wouldn't that be love?"

"Oh no," Tenten cried, Aceso looked over to see stars forming in Lee's eyes. 

"Yes!" Lee cheered. "That was the very same answer that I gave, too!"

"Why is this happening the same way it did before?!" Tenten asked.