Chapter 32

The village was slowly getting rebuilt and people were slowly getting on their feet from injuries. Aceso headed out to where they were looking for good pieces of wood to help rebuild the village. She arrived just as captain Yamato clapped his hands together. He slammed his hand into the ground; in an instant row of buildings popped up from underground. Everyone cheered.

"At this rate, the village will be rebuilt in no time at all!" a man cheered as Aceso went over to Yamato. He was bent over, panting heavily. 

"Oh sure," Yamato groaned. "Easy for you to say."

"I think you overextended yourself," Aceso laughed handing him a few chakra patches. 

"I'm fine," Yamato wheezed.

"You sound like a dying seal," Aceso said. The other ninja all around started to laugh.

"I guess a chakra patch wouldn't hurt," Yamato laughed as he took more from her. Aceso made her way back to Lady Tsunade's tent; shortly after she sat in the sun with Sakura and Naruto.

"Is Granny Tsunade still in a coma?" Naruto asked. 

"Yeah," Sakura nodded. 

"I just--there is still so many things I never got the chance to say to her," Naruto said. 

"Oh, don't worry," Aceso said looking over at him. "Granny Tsunade will wake up real soon. I'm sure of it. She's really strong, remember when she took you out with one finger?"

"Yeah," Naruto smiled a little. 

"She's also the Hokage," Aceso reminded him. "Just have faith, she'll come back around, you'll see." Sakura and Naruto both returned to being down, staring at the ground. 

"Long time no see, Naruto," a familiar voice said. They all looked up to see Tazuna and Inari. "Doctor Matsuba, Sakura."

"It's so great to see our hero and the world-class doctor again," Inari said wiping sweat off his face. "Hey, Naruto...Aceso."

"Hold on," Sakura breathed. "Is that."

"It's good to see you too, Inari and Tazuna," Aceso greeted as they got to their feet. 

"Inari, boy you sure have grown up," Naruto smiled. "And you are even older, old man."

"Shut it," Tazuna grumbled 

"I'm working as a carpenter now," Inari revealed. "I've accepted the Hidden Leaf's commission and here we are to help rebuild. "I've figured we'd say at least hello to you guys, while we are here." He turned to Sakura. "Sakura you are even prettier than I remember." Sakura blushed heavily. 

"Really, you think so?" Sakura blushed,; pushed back her hair.

"You as well, Aceso," Inari said

"Thank you," Aceso smiled.

"How long has it been?" Naruto asked. "About two years? Or three years? Or longer?" Inari started laughing. "And to think, that kid's all grown up. 

***Flashback***

On the way home from the Land of Waves, Naruto had his clothes off. 

"I can't find it, it's gone!" Naruto panicked. 

"Ugh, just stop whining already," Sakura demanded. 

"Uh, don't you understand it's gone," Naruto complained. "Teuchi gave me a coupon for one free order of ramen. And I know I had it with me."

"Did you leave back at Tazuna's?" Aceso asked.

"I bet I did," Naruto said as he felt his pockets. He turned taking back off towards the Land of Waves.