Chapter 10

A couple of days later Kakashi was finally able to leave the hospital and Aceso was able to be at work more without Kakashi watching her every move and trying to send her home every chance he got. Aceso had just walked out of surgery to see Sakura waiting for her.

"Almost like you never left," Sakura noted. "You've been back like a week or two?"

"I'm pretty sure you were very valuable around here," Aceso said.

"Always being recognized as Tsunade's student," Sakura informed. "I hate to admit it, but I did miss having you around."

"I missed you as well, Sakura," Aceso smiled at the girl as they began to walk. Sakura smiled at her, then it fell.

"Seeing Sasuke again was unexpected," Sakura said as she looked at the ground. "But getting him to come home seems to be near to impossible. Why is he so obsessed with revenge?"

"I'm not sure," Aceso answered. "Did you go into Orochimaru's lair?" Sakura nodded. "Were there swirls all over the walls? Random rooms?" Sakura nodded again. " I'm sorry, I probably should have gone with you guys."

"No," Sakura denied. "You have every right to not want to go near anywhere dealing with Orochimaru again."

"Still, it was the cowardice of me to not try to lend a hand," Aceso said.

"You are not a coward," Sakura disagreed. "If trauma is great, most people try to avoid things. How long were you down there again?"

"About a 3 weeks, almost a month," Aceso answered. "Not a single ounce of sunlight the entire time, it was dark all the time, only lamps on the walls to light the way."

" Why-" Sakura began.

"Want to make some medicine with me?" Aceso asked trying to drop the subject. "Or make a new one?

"Let's try to make something new," Sakura agreed, she looked at Aceso with worry. Sakura and Aceso are now in a lab trying to make new medicine. Sakura grabbed something from a drawer and started to pour it into the beaker.

"Sakura!" Aceso exclaimed. "Don't add that!"

"Why?" Sakura asked as she poured more.

"It's not medicine material! Aceso answered as she put her hands on the beaker, blocking more powder.

"Then what is it?" Sakura asked as she moved Aceso's hand.

"Explosion powder," Aceso answered.

"Why would there- "

BOOM

Both girls were covered head to toe in soot, their clothes got tattered. Aceso looked down to see the stuff completely devoured her shirt and bra, leaving her bare from the waist up, the same was with Sakura.

"Why is there explosive powder in here?" Sakura asked as she put her arms over her chest.

"Emergencies," Aceso answered as she did the same.

The door flew open."IS EVERYONE ALRIGHT?" Sakura let out a shriek and sank behind the table, she only let her head show, Aceso looked back to see Lee standing at the door.

"We are okay," Aceso answered as her face grew red. "But can you please leave and grab Lady Shizune."

"Red Rose?" Lee asked as he stepped into the room, he opened the window, letting out more soot. "What happened?" He looked over at her, and Aceso tried to cover herself even more.

"Ah, an explosion powder mishap," Aceso answered. "Can you please get Shizune?"

"But are you alright?" Lee asked as he appeared bedsides her. Aceso put her foot out and slammed him against the wall. "RED ROSE!"