Chapter 39

The group ended up stopping before they reached the village to rest.

"Ugh, I still ache all over," Kiba groaned leaning against a large rock. "You just can't sleep on the ground without the right gear, or you're going to pay the price." Akamaru barked in agreement.

"Sorry, guys," Sakura apologized. 

"It's not the end of the world," Kiba said. "At least we'll be back in the village by the end of the day."

"Kiba," Aceso breathed putting up her hand.

"All right!" Kiba cheered, he sat in front of her instantly, and she put her hand on his back, getting rid of the aches. 

"Kakashi-sensei?" Naruto asked looking around.

"Where did he go?" Sakura asked. Naruto got up to look for him. As soon as Kakashi and Naruto returned, they set off back for the village. They arrived to find Choji, Shikamaru, and Ino waiting for them at the gates. 

"We're home," Sakura announced stopping a few feet from them.

"I heard from my father about Sasuke," Shikamaru stated. 

"Yeah," Naruto said. "We talked. And not only that but I fought with him too." The three gasped. 

"You fought against him?" Shikamaru said. "Really? Against Sasuke?"

"I'll give you all the details," Naruto assured. "But first would you do me a favor and get everyone together for me? I have something that I want to say to all of them."

"Sure, ok," Shikamaru agreed. 

"Naruto!" Konohamaru shouted running up to him with Udon and Moegi. "We've been waiting for you!"

"Hey, you guys," Naruto greeted. "I just need to get an interview from you, and then the Leaf Hero Newspaper will be all finished."

"Yeah, Naruto. It's time for your big interview," Udon urged. 

"Oh, right," Naruto smiled. "I almost forgot." He patted all their heads. "But I have to make a report now, so we'll do it later."

"What? You always say that" Moegi complained. "It's always later, and it never happens."

"Yeah, Naruto," Udon agreed. "You promised us." Naruto walked past everyone into the village.

"You always make us wait," Moegi groaned. "You're so mean, Naruto."

"So, when we gonna do it then?" Udon asked.

"Yeah, we've been waiting a long time," Moegi added. The two continued on. "Go on, why don't you say something too, Konohmaru?"

"I think something happened," Konohamaru answered. 

"What do you mean?" Moegi asked.

"It seems like there's something different about Naruto now," Konohamaru noticed. 

"There is?" Moegi asked looking at Naruto. "What are you talking about, Konohamaru? I don't see anything different. He looks the same to me."

"Yeah, I know, but--" Konohamaru began. Aceso walked up to Naruto, she looked down at the village down below; she glanced at Naruto to see him smile. 

"Come on, you have a lot of work to do," Naruto said to Aceso. 

"Right," Aceso breathed. They made their way back down into the village, everyone went their separate ways. Kakashi went to go take Karin to Intel while everyone met up to see what Naruto had to say. Aceso sat on top of one of the log piles, they looked down at everyone, across from them on the other log pile were Kiba and Akamaru. Naruto told them everything.