Eighty Six

Noah looks through the classroom window, smiling when he sees Benjamin and his friend Amira laughing while in the S.T.E.M classroom.

They were the only two students who chose to do the extra credit assignment. Noah walks in and smiles, "Hey".

Benjamin looks up from their project and smiles, "Hey! Don't look! We aren't finished yet".

Noah chuckles and closes his eyes, "You both know after school hours are about to end, right?"

Amira nods, "Yeah we kinda lost track of time. Here, I'll go get the tray and we can finish tomorrow".

Noah hums, "So...What happened to the competition? The one where you guys built the robot?"

"Rescheduled. I think it's this week".

"What happened?"

"One of the administrators of the program...Was caught in a...Scandal?"

Amira giggles, "She got caught sleeping with one of the high school teachers. We go on Friday".

Noah nods, "Oh...Uh Wow".

Benjamin closes his laptop, putting it into his backpack. "Yeah. It sucks I was excited...Now we have to wait. I'm impatient".

Noah chuckles, "Okay well...Are you still coming to my house? Spend the night?"

"Mhm. We just gotta stop by my house and grab my clothes".

Noah nods, "Okay".

Amira smiles, "Okay. I'll see you tomorrow. Have fun!"

Benjamin smiles, "Thank you".

**
Noah hums, "I'm surprised she's letting you stay the night...On a school night".

Benjamin nods, "Yeah don't be too surprised. She has to go out of town for the night and doesn't want me home alone".

"Ah. Why not send you to your dads then?"

Benjamin grabs his toothbrush and giggles. "Cause I begged her not to".

Noah walks over and leans against the door. "Well. I'm just glad she's letting you over and not sending you to Gabi's".

Benjamin smiles and looks over, "Why? Scared I'm gonna fall in love with her?"

"Mhm. Cause I know you've totally looked at a girl that way. And Gabi is definitely your type".

Noah laughs at that as Benjamin joins. Ms.Evans knocks on the door, "Hey, honey. I'm on my way out. Your keys are on the counter so, make sure to lock up, alright?"

"Okay. Be safe". Benjamin walks over at hugs his mom once. "Love you. See you tomorrow afternoon".

Olivia hugs back, "Love you too. Bye. Bye Noah".

Noah waves and feels his phone vibrating. He looks over at Benjamin and groans. "It's my mom...Hola mamá".

Benjamin looks away from him and zips up his bag. He then walks over to grab his school backpack to make sure everything he needs for the next day is packed.

Noah grabs his car keys off the bedside table and nods, "Si mamá. Ella no quiere que se quede solo en casa".

(yes mom. she doesn't want him to be home alone. )

Once downstairs, Benjamin grabs his lanyard off the counter and grabs Noah's hand. They proceed to walk out the front door together as Noah's mom rambled.

Noah moves the phone from his ear, rolling his eyes. Benjamin looks at him and giggles before locking his front door.

Noah finally puts the phone back to his ear and nods. "Bueno...Bueno. ¿Podemos hablar cuando lleguemos a casa? Por favor mamá?"