You/Natasha Romanoff - Mission

Natasha smiled as she noticed the cigarette in your mouth

Natasha smiled as she noticed the cigarette in your mouth. After 3 years, you still hadn't been able to stopped such disgusting habit.

"You know, they'll eventually kill you."

"Not before I get shot and killed."

She laughs and shakes her head at your dark joke. You had always used humor to deal with things and she was glad that you still hadn't changed after going through the program.

"You're a good agent. The chances of that happening are slim."

"Yeah, well I still wouldn't count myself lucky. So why did you call after all these years. I remember you distinctly telling me that you wanted nothing to do with me."

"Can't we just let bygones be bygones."

You burn out the flame on the cigarette and throw it in the trash so you could talk to her properly

"Okay, fine. I want for you to join this team that I was recruited to. They could use someone like you."

Natasha tells you as you give her a knowing look.

"They have someone like me, you. Have you forgotten that we graduated out of the same academy."

Natasha gets a call but she lets it go to voicemail, only to have them call her again.

"Aren't you going to answer?"

"I.."

Natasha pulls out her phone to check her messages, finding that she was needed to help out the team.

"Look, I know that you're familiar with the team that I joined. Give me a call if you change your mind about joining us."

Natasha stands up and starts walking the same direction that she had come from.

"I missed you, I hope we don't let another 3 years go by without seeing each other."

She tells you before she actually leaves.

X

You had to admit that you missed Natasha too so you ended up calling her a few days after the meet up to let her know that you wanted to join. She had been assigned as your trainer to introduce you to all the procedures and rules to familiarize yourself with so the two of you would spend a lot of time together.

Which in turn made old feelings resurface. Natasha had never been able to get over you and neither had you but despite the courage the two of you had to take down men and woman much stronger, the two of you were cowards when it came to talking about your feelings.

"(y/n), we need you to report to Fury."

"What's that about? Did he tell you anything?"

You ask Natasha as the two of you stopped your training.