You/Jules Daily - Princess

Jules watched as you entertained her niece and nephew with a story about the royal family

Jules watched as you entertained her niece and nephew with a story about the royal family. She knew how incredibly your schedule could be but you always seemed to have time for the three of them. Jules had even given you an out so you wouldn't spend your time with the kids so you could go back to work but you refused. Saying that you preferred the company of her and the kids. Jules couldn't lie about the fact that hearing that made her feel special. She's heard how you hardly gave anyone the time of day because's you're dealing with your responsibilities as well as the king's that it barely left you any time for yourself.

"Kids, it's time for dinner. Why don't you head to the dining hall and we'll meet you in a second."

You watched as they begged her to let you finish the story, wanting to help her, you promised to finish the story at a later time. Happy with your promise, they rush off to the dining hall.

"How do you keep up with everything? You must hardly get any sleep."

You give her a warm smile and nod. It was true. Since they had come around, you've barely been able to sleep for more than a couple of hours since you work late into the night to catch up with everything that you had missed while spending time with Jules and the kids.

"I would rather spend my time with the three of you but I must attend to my duties so I have no choice. I don't mind losing some hours of sleep, spending time with you and the kids makes the sleepless nights worth it."

Jules bites her lip and shyly tucks a strand of hair behind her ear. She was not used to anyone giving her this much attention. She owned an antique shop for godsake, hardly anything impressive or interesting in her eyes. Doubts creeped in about how a princess like you could never love someone like her. Someone that wasn't of royalty.

"They like you and I'm grateful that you give them the time of day."

"Of course. I remembered being young and finding myself bored out of my mind. I would hate for them to experience the same thing."

Jules gives you a smile, the more you spoke, the more she fell in love with you. She never to get rid of these silly thoughts or else she would end up getting hurt in the process.

"I suppose we should head to the dining hall, no doubt that they've already started with dessert."

X

"I'm sorry but what did you just say father?"

You asked him in shock, not quite believing what he had told you. You could feel everyone's eyes on you but you didn't care.

"I said that you need to pack your things so you can head to meet with Princess Michelle. I think the two of you would get along well. I'm not getting younger and it's about time that you marry someone to rule by your side."

You clenched your jaw in anger but didn't say anything. Simply took a deep breath to avoid exploding in front of Jules and the kids.

"No, I'm not going to meet Princess Michelle. We're not in the 1800's where you could've arranged a marriage for me. We're in modern times, I'm free to marry whoever I want and whenever I want."