You/Sam Arias/Lena Luthor - Doubt

"Seriously, what does she have to offer them? I understand being in a polyamorous with people that are equal to you but why date her

"Seriously, what does she have to offer them? I understand being in a polyamorous with people that are equal to you but why date her. She's not rich or a genius. Last I heard, she barely graduated college with a bachelors. At her age, Lena was already finishing her PhD. I think that girl has something on them. I can't for the life of me think of a reason why they would date her. Sam and Lena are already a power couple, she has nothing to offer them."

You had just locked your bathroom stall when you heard them start talking about you. It was rude of you to listen in to their conversation but you couldn't help and listen in to what they were saying. They were talking about what's been on your mind since the three of you announced your relationship to the public. Lena and Sam had no idea that's been bothering you since you refused to burden them with your silly thoughts. Actually hearing it from someone's mouth had been the first time. It honestly hurt, a lot. You waited until you heard them leave the restroom and quickly made your way to the exit, only to be stopped by Kara. You really hated how in tuned Kara was with everyone's emotion.

"Woah, why are you in a rush to leave. Lena and Sam are about to give their speech."

You forced a smile and nodded along.

"Right, I just forgot my phone in my coat and you know how I like to record their speeches."

Kara doesn't believe you for a second. She had given you a chance for you to be the one to bring up what was bothering you but it looks like you weren't just going to deflect.

"I can come with you."

"No!" You cleared your throat and apologized or the outburst. "I mean, you're here for Catco. I wouldn't want to impose."

"I insist. I'll come with you."

Kara didn't give you an opportunity to say no as she took your hand and walked you down to the coats.

X

"Ma'am, are you sure that you left you phone in the coat. We can't seem to find it."

You thanked him and headed back to Kara.

"I must've left it in the limo. Why don't you head back upstairs and I'll go search for my phone."

"No way. It's late. Come on. I'll go with you."

You loved Kara, honestly but her refusing to let you breathe for a second was irritating you. All you wanted to do was go home and cry as you thought about how you were going to break up with Sam and Lena but Kara just refused to let you be alone.

"Look, Kara. I just want to be alone. You should head upstairs, they're probably already taking questions. I'm sure they'll happily answer one of your before they finish."

"You're my friend, (y/n). I can see that something is upsetting you and I don't want to leave you alone."

You sigh and nod. Kara was not going to change her mind about leaving you alone.