You/Alex Danvers - Heart

"We've already found a recipient for the heart A young woman in her 20's got into an accident and is in desperate need of a transplant

"We've already found a recipient for the heart A young woman in her 20's got into an accident and is in desperate need of a transplant. Ava, will save her life."

You finish signing the paperwork and hand it over to the doctor.

"Would it be alright if I met her after the surgery? I just want to hear my girlfriend's heart for one last time."

"I don't see a problem with that. I'll be sure to ask the woman's family and let you know."

You thank him as he leaves. Your girlfriend had recently died and you were tasked to make sure that her organs were donated to save the lives of those that were in need. Even in her death, Ava still cared for others. You hated how your time had been cut short with Ava but there was nothing you could do. All you could do was honor her one last wish.

X

"Ms. (l/n), they're okay with meeting Alex. Please follow me."

You take a deep breath to calm your nerves before you follow after him. You're barely turning the corner when a woman crashes into you for a hug.

"You saved my sister! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!"

You've never felt a hug like this before. It was too tight but you didn't mind it. It's been a while since you've hugged someone. You return the hug.

"I didn't do anything. It was my girlfriend...later girlfriend."

"I'm sorry for your loss."

You give her a grateful smile. Unsure of what to even say. Ava was the people person.

"Alex is this way. She's just gotten out of surgery so she won't be awake."

"That's okay."

You follow her to the room. The only thing that could be heard was the heart monitor. Even hearing the beat of the heart was too much for you. Her death had been too recent. You rush out of the room after a minute. The woman follows after you. Wanting to comfort you, she pulls you in for another hug. After holding in your tears in for so long, you fall apart in the arms of a stranger. If Ava could see you now, she wouldn't recognize you. You hardly cried.

X

"I'm sorry for ruining your shirt."

You tell her after you finally managed to take control of your tears. She just shrugs while looking over to the door of her sister's room.

"It's old anyways. Did it help?"

"A little. Thank you. I should go. Your sister should wake up soon."

"Why don't you stay until she wakes up? I'm sure she'll love to meet you."

"No, that's okay. I'm glad Ava's heart helped save the life of your sister."

Kara stayed quite, unsure of what to say. Not wanting to make things awkward, you just walked out.

X

You thought that you wouldn't ever bump into Alex or her sister but weeks after the hospital visit, you stumbled into them at a coffee shop.

"(y/n)!"

The blonde woman pushes through the crowd of people, dragging her sister along to make her way over to you.

"Alex...Kara. It's nice to see the two of you."

"It's nice to see you too! Alex, you were still under the effects of the anesthesia so you were sleeping when (y/n), paid us a visit."

"I never got to thank you."

You just give Alex a shrug.

"Like I told your sister. You don't have to thank me. This was my girlfriend's last wish. I was only respecting it."

"I'm so sorry for your loss. If there's anything we could do, we're here for you."

Alex's words gave you comfort that you've never since Ava. It brought a smile to your face.

"How about the two of you join me for coffee?"

"We'd love to!"

X

You became fast friends with the two sisters. Even closer friends with Alex. There was something about her that reminded you of Ava but you just couldn't put a finger to it. You kept this to yourself, not wanting for Alex to think that she was just a replacement for Ava. She wasn't it. Alex and Ava were practically the complete opposites but yet you had still fallen for Alex.

You never said or acted on it. Having feelings for someone else felt like you were cheating on Ava. You stayed quiet when she started dating someone, when she got cheated on, when she found someone else, when she got proposed and when she got married. You were just happy to be there for her as a friend.

"You know, I always thought we would get married one day"

You nearly choke on your drink as you hear Alex.

"Yeah. I know it was silly. I had a crush on you for a while and then stopped when I realized I could never stand a chance with you."

Alex lets out a sigh when you don't say anything.

"I didn't mean to make things awkward."

"No, not at all. It was just a silly crush. You've married the love of your life and that's all that matters."

She gives you a bright smile and nods before leaning in to hug you. How you wished that things turned out differently. It was too late now.

"You're right. I should get back to Kelly. We're cutting the cake!"

You watch as she runs off to her table. At least the two of you were friends and that's all that mattered.

-----------

Accepting all kinds of prompts, as long as it's fxf.

Only exception is a/b/o prompts. Will not write about these but can write something similar

Names that have ?? do not have a prompt so feel free to send me one of yours.

Lena Luthor - Evil

Saskia de Merindol - Light

Kara Danvers - Codes

Meredith Grey - Surprise

Lucy Lane/ Maggie Sawyer - Hurt

Felicity Smoak - Two

Hayley Marshall - Different

Qi'ra - Thief

Katie McGrath - Distance

Meredith Grey - Operation

Hailee Steinfield - ??

Lisa Cimorelli - ??

Lena Luthor - Emotionless

------------

Sorry for the long wait. Will try to post them as soon as I can.

Thank you!