You/Emily Dickinson - Poem Part 2

"(y/n)! (y/n)! Get back here! Wait until your fathers hea

"(y/n)! (y/n)! Get back here! Wait until your fathers hea.."

You don't get to hear the rest fo what she's saying as you slam the door behind you. It was always the same thing with her, you didn't do something correctly and she would go on and on about how it needed to be done perfectly. Your mother would always talk about how your husband wouldn't like to come home to anything less than perfect and you were getting tired of her same speech.

You missed Emily dearly and the only thing that kept you from going mad was Emily's letter and poems that Sue would deliver. Sue would also help you keep you sane but she could only do so much as your mother or father would stay in the same room as the two of you talked. Your father had taken away all your liberties, you were basically just a prisoner now. You did chores, studied, ate and then went to sleep.

There was no way you could keep doing this. You've never been this apart from Emily and you weren't sure if you could go on another day. With that in mind, you knew that you had to escape and so you began to plan.

X

"Well I must go, my parents are expecting me home in an hour."

You stood up and walked her out.

"Oh! Sue, I almost forgot. I finished the books you lent me. Let me go get them real quick."

Your mother was behind you so you made sure to make it quick to avoid making Sue uncomfortable.

"You were right, The Americans Woman's Home was a good read. It really helped me learn how to learn a lot of things. Father was quite happy when he saw that I had been able to fix one of his shirts."

"I'm glad! I'll bring some more tomorrow."

You nod and give her a quick hug as your mother would always clear her throat when it would last longer than necessary. You argued that Sue was just a friend and they just claimed that you couldn't be trusted until they were sure that your illness had been cured.

"I'll see you tomorrow, Sue."

You waved her goodbye and closed the door behind her.

"I don't understand why you can't be more like Sue. She's such a acts exactly how a young lady like you is supposed to act."

There was so much you could say but you just stayed quiet and headed up to your room to escape her critiques. You just hoped that Sue had gotten the letter to Emily. All you could do now was wait for Emily.

X

Emily rushed downstairs as she saw Sue make her way to her house. Sue hadn't even arrived at the door when Emily took her hand and led her to the tree.

"So? Did she send a letter?"

Sue just laughs and hands Emily the book. To which Emily just laughs as she reads the cover, of course you would pick this specific book to send your letter in. Not one to wait until tonight, Emily quickly reads through the reader.