You/Meredith Grey - Operation

Meredith pinches the bridge of her nose when she sees you in her office

Meredith pinches the bridge of her nose when she sees you in her office. For the past week, you've been bothering her at work. There was never really any particular reason as to why you kept bothering her and it's the main reason why it annoyed her. She would've been fine if you had a purpose behind your visits but you didn't.

"Meredith, hi."

Meredith refrains from rolling her eyes when she walks in. Perhaps this time would be different.

"Detective (l/n), what can I do for you."

"Please, it's (y/n). We're friends."

Meredith had tried to keep her cool. She really did but you apparently couldn't understand the definition of space.

"Look, (y/n). Friends don't just casually visit each other at work so often. You've been coming here for the past week when I'm in the middle of dealing with patients. I don't appreciate being pulled away from my patients because you wanted to have a social visit. If you want to spend time then wait when I'm not at work."

"I...I'm sorry. This past week, I've been trying to work up the courage to ask you something but I always chickened out at the end."

"Well what is that you've been wanting to ask of me?"

You play with your fingers as knots form in your stomach."

"Now?"

"Yes, now. I have to go back out and meet with another patient in a minute. What is it?"

"I was hoping that maybe you and I could go on a date?"

Meredith would've jumped at the chance if you had asked any other day. Perhaps even at another time but she was pissed off about the fact that you this could have waited.

"No. If that's all you were going to ask then I'm leaving."

Meredith doesn't wait for a response as she walks out of her office and to the room where her patient was waiting. It takes you nearly a minute to process what happened. Not wanting for anyone to see you in tears, you rush out. A few of Meredith's friends watches you run out but don't try to stop you.

"Meredith, why did I just see (y/n) running out of here? What did you do?"

Christina asks her when the two of them are in their lunch break.

"Oh, that. I'll apologize later. She was just being a little annoying and you know how I get when I'm frustrated. She asked me out and I told her no."

"Meredith! Even if you were annoyed with her, you shouldn't have told her no."

"You think that I was being too harsh on her?"

Meredith asks. Hoping that Christina would be on her side but it was highly doubtful. She knew that she had fucked up.

"Yes! Call her and apologize. Tell her that you want to make it up to her by taking her out on a date."

"Okay, I'll call her. I feel bad now."

"As you should. Now call her."

"Now? But I'm eating lunch with you."

"And the poor girl is probably crying. Call her."

Meredith sighs and pulls out her phone to call you. The call goes straight to voicemail. Meredith tries again but it just keeps going to voicemail.

X

Across town, you're laying in a puddle of your own blood surrounded by officers. You had been called to help with a raid and ended up being caught in the crossfire. There's a lot of commotion but you pay no attention to it as you feel yourself get sleepy. Your friends attempt to keep you awake but you just want to go to sleep.

"Come on, (y/n)! Stay with me! You still haven't gone on a date with Meredith! We're not losing you!"

"Meredith..."

You whispered before passing out.

X

The majority of operating rooms were being prepared for all the officers who had gotten shot. There's chaos by the time you arrive as nurses and doctors are called down for emergency surgeries.

"Meredith! (y/n) arrived with the other officers. She got shot"

Meredith takes off in sprint at your name. She rushes through the rooms until she spots you through the small window. Christina catches her in time before Meredith barges into the room. Meredith might be the head general surgeon but that still didn't give her a right to just barge into a sterile environment.

"She's with Dr. Thrawn. He's the best. Trust that he'll save her."

Meredith just sobs into Christina's arms. She regretted what happened at her office and there was no telling if you would make it out of there alive.

X

The sound of your heart monitor flatlining can be heard through the room. Meredith loses it at the sound. She's inconsolable and it's taking everything in Christina to keep her from barging into the room where your body was.

"I'm sorry (y/n)! I'm so sorry!"

Meredith cries out. You had died thinking that Meredith didn't feel the same way as you did. She wasn't the same after your death.

-----------

Accepting all kinds of prompts, as long as it's fxf.

Only exception is a/b/o prompts. Will not write about these but can write something similar

Names that have ?? do not have a prompt so feel free to send me one of yours.

Hailee Steinfield - Hint

Hailee Steinfield - Award

Lisa Cimorelli - Bond

Lena Luthor - Emotionless

Amy Cimorelli - Pictures

Lena Luthor - Spiderman

Lena Luthor - Help

Kelly Clarkson - Ex

Meredith Grey - Surprise Part 2

Lauren Jauregui - Sleep

Lucy Lane/Maggie Sawyer - Hurt 2

Lucy Lane - Confessions

Felicity Smoak - Two Part 2

Natasha Negovanlis - Looks

Morgana Pendragon - Favor

------------

Sorry for the long wait. Will try to post them as soon as I can.

Thank you!