You/Alex Danvers - Love/Hate

Alex leaned against the wall as she patiently waited for you to finish talking to Director Henshaw about the latest mission

Alex leaned against the wall as she patiently waited for you to finish talking to Director Henshaw about the latest mission. She hated how smug you had been about the whole thing and couldn't wait to tell the Director about how things actually went. The only reason why you had gotten the credit for a successful mission was because you had gotten lucky. You were supposed to wait with the rest of the team but you refused and almost ended up ruining the mission. Even worse is that you had risked the lives of hostages because you wanted to be seen as the hero who risked her life.

"You know, I don't see what you're problem is with (y/n). She's really nice."

Kara tells her as she eats the popstickers that you had gotten for her on the way back to the DEO.

"Oh shut up, Kar. You just like her because she bribes you with food."

"She does not! I don't do her any favors."

Alex mentally facepalms at Kara's innocence.

"Not yet but just wait until she calls them in. She'll bring up the fact that she wasted all her money on buying you food and because you're you, you'll feel bad and do whatever it is she asked you to do."

Kara's about to argue back but stops when you come up to the two of them.

"Agent Danvers, Director Henshaw wishes to speak to you."

Alex nods at you and makes her way to him.

"Wow. Who pissed in her cereal?"

"Alex is just being Alex. You know how she is when things don't go her way."

"Oh right. I didn't mean to disobey orders but I saw an opportunity and had to take it."

"I know. I'm sure Alex will understand."

X

You truly felt bad for the fact that you had disobeyed her orders. Had you done it a few months ago, you wouldn't have been feeling guilty. You hated Alex at the beginning when you had first arrived but as you got to know her, you couldn't help but fall in love with her. You had tried apologizing for everything that you had done to spite her but Alex refused to accept your apology. Saying that the two of you might work together but she would never become friends with you. It stung a lot but you didn't want to push it, it had been your fault for the fact that Alex hated you. Had you not been so hostile at the beginning, Alex wouldn't have it out for you.

Since then, you just pretended like you hated her. Purposely doing things to annoy her and sometimes doing it by accident as you had been doing it for so long.

This mission had been different. You had gambled with the lives of hostages just because you wanted to disobey Alex's orders to piss her off. You were lucky that no one had gotten her but you still had gotten in trouble with Henshaw. As punishment, he had you switch shifts with the night crew.