15

You look cute." Cole says amused as I clamber into his car, I have my blanket from the sofa still wrapped around me and my earlier lazy clothes on.

"Midnight adventures mean pyjama's right?" I say smiling at him as I pull my seatbelt on.

"I hope you also know they include going to the park." He says and I laugh at him as he starts the car.

"
We are going to the park?"

"Yep and you are going to swing on swings and go down slides and you are going to have a good fucking time." He says and send him a small little grin.

" Yes sir." I smirk and he looks at me a little panicked.

"And none of your hot little words whilst I am driving, I don't want to kill us." Cole says and I laugh shaking my head in amusement as I pull the blanket tighter around me.

Laughing hasn't been a thing for me today, not really. Two seconds here and I am smiling.

This is what I meant by Cole being a good friend to have.

"What have you done today?" I ask and he looks at me quickly.

"Nothing really, hung out with my brother, he's staying with us well like until tomorrow now. And went to lunch with my mum."

"What's he like your brother?" I ask, genuinely interested.

"Brandon?" He says. "He's a pretty good brother, like ten years older and tries to be aental as my parents arent around much."

"Don't you live with them?" I ask, remembering how he wouldn't go home pissed the other night.

"Yeah I do." He chuckles slightly. "We just make time outside of like life. So today my mum and I went for lunch ut it was like a scheduled thing. That building we went to that's her company building so she is always so busy, but like not in a bad way, she has wanted this her whole life."

We have very different backgrounds.

"That was her company?" I say my eyes widening and he laughs at me.

" Yeah lets hope they don't have cameras on the roof aye." He says and my lips part.

God imagine.

"That would be a very uncomfortable talk for you." I say and he sends me a grin.

"I'd just send her to you, feel like you could talk your way out of it ten times better than I can."

"I could definitely not." I breathe and look at him.

He was the charming one, the one that could talk himself out of anything.

"Nah adults arent a fan of me, I recon it's that tattoos. Adults are definetly a fan of you."

"Nah all the adults In my life either hate me or I stress them out." I laugh and he looks over at me.

"Nah, I still believe that if you met my mum she would love you." He says and I wack his shoulder, lightly.

"Cole I am not meeting your parents." I laugh loudly and he grins.

"Most definetly not, you are all mine." He jokes and I fall silent. It was a joke Nova, take it as one.

But I cant.

"Cole." I say, my voice sounding small.

"Yeah?" He says, his eyes darting to mine.

"I have a thing about the whole 'mine' thing.
Please don't say it again. I know it was a joke between us but I don't-"