70

Wow 70 wtf lol

Oh well we move

Are you guys enjoying the story? I know it's long but tbf Jackson and Ivy book 1 and 2 put together is like 105 chapters so...

Happy Readinggg! And shout out to emmmamarchand because your comments are so great! Will be decimating chapters again!! Based on support because I realised that is literally one of my favourite things about writing on wattpad......

Filler chapter sorry- but Cole and Nova development so

Cole's POV

"Wait you are telling me you agreed to be her friend?" Lincoln scrunches his nose up at me, his words coming out breathlessly as we run on parallel treadmills.

We had been going to the gym pretty much every day since summer started, apparently a lot of our exercise was tied up in fucking girls and since neither of us were getting any we had to go to the gym.

"Yeah. Sorta." I grit and run faster, edging the speed higher.

"Why the fuck?"

I just look at him and shrug and then put my ear phones in and carry on running.

My music floods my brain and I turn it in an attempt to distract myself from November Fucking Grace.

It had been a week since she was home and I wasn't really getting anywhere. Even on the whole friends front. She talks to me the exact same way she talks to Lincoln and that pisses me off.

She talks to me as if she hardly knows me.

She knows me.

I know her.

Fuck sake.

We had all met up a few times this week but we hardly talked. She laughed at me and Lincoln, gave me soft smiles and then kept herself to herself laughing with Sage and Rose.

She was so bright at the moment, ever since she got home. Nova was calm, she was just at peace which I hadn't seen before and I don't know where I fit in with that.

No more did she seem to want secret recklessness, she was bold and bubbly with everyone now. Which was brilliant, but I missed her. She was being herself and nobody could help just staring at her in awe as she talked and joked and laughed freely.

She was so utterly herself at the moment and I missed being able to be a part of that.

So I ran faster, because I needed to get some of this freaking energy out of me.

Nova was serious about the no touching rule. It wasn't even me that messed up yesterday, it was her. We were all getting lunch and she walked up to me as I was leant against the counter and her arm pressed against mine. She freaking jolted away as if I stung her.

She was serious about the rule and quite frankly I understood it.

Neither of us could think when we were close. And that was lowkey comforting to me because all this time I thought I was the only one feeling how I was, and even though I know I fucked it, her telling me to stay physically away let me know that she feels it too.

Damn it.

The music didn't work.

I cant stop thinking about her.

I pulled the earphones roughly out of my ears and stopped the treadmill.

"You done?" I ask Lincoln and he just shrugs at me.