29

Novembers POV:

Cole has been basically ignoring me all day, which is fine.

We stand for a hard to get dude.

I am joking, I have just been giving him space. Letting him talk to my friends and totally ignore my presence.

His avoidance of me resulted in me asking him if he wanted me to leave and he just laughed at me and splashed me with some water so I don't know what was going on in his head. But him keeping his distance made it easier to let my friends know what happened yesterday with Yuen.

It was now edging close to half four and we had all been out here for hours.

I was sat on a sunbed sketching Chris because he said I could and well this is my favourite thing to do.

Brandon and Alice went to get lunch ages ago and I was excited to see them when they got back.

"Hey you." Alice said and sat down at the end of my sunbed, Brandon sitting next to Chris.

Cole was in the pool tossing around a ball with Lincoln and I had successfully been able to keep my eyes away until now, when I was surrounded by his older siblings and none of them were him.

I looked away from Cole's laughing face and turned back to his brothers and sister.

"Hi." I say and when their eyes lowered to my sketch book I turned it around showing them the sketch of Chris, which in my humble opinion, was one of my good ones.

"Oh shit it actually looks like him." Brandon mumbles and I look at him amused.

That is the point.

"You are good at this." Alice says and I send her a smile, my cheeks hurting at how hard I was grinning at the compliments.

I go to rip the page out of my sketchbook to gift it to Chris and his hand stops me. "Keep it, you should definitely do this professionally." He says and I laugh again, moving my wrist away from his hand and smiling at him.

"That is the goal."

"Oh." Alice says and looks around to my friends, Sage was laid down a few seats next to me and Rose was in the pool on a floaty.

"Have you got more in there?" She asks and I nod, handing her the book and Brandon and Chris look over her shoulder.

I decide it felt a little awkward watching them sift through them so I leave, sending them a kind smile as I go over to Sage.

"They looking at my drawings and I feel awkward." I mumble childishly and she moves up so I can sit on the end of her chair.

"How do you know them so well?" She asks.

"Huh?"

"Like they already know you."

"They're Cole's siblings." I frown at her confused and she laughs at me.

"So like you didn't know them before today?"

"No, I have hung out here before, I met them all. We get along."

"That's what I was asking." She laughs and I look back over to the pool.

"You two are very strange."

I look back at her a little offended and she laughs at me. "You have a huge ass hicky on your neck but yous aren't even talking?"

Oh.

Okay.

Yep.

"Picked up on that huh?" I say and my fingers lift to the purple bruise on my neck. I had been covering it by my hair but as soon as we jumped into the pool that was long forgotten.