33

Shorter than usual sorry, but I was about to change the POV, and then realised I could just post this for yous. 

Enjoyyyyy

Remember to vote and comment:) 

And also shout out to unicornsprinkles321 - for literally dropping everything and reading when she got the notification for my last chapter!! Hehehe <3

Cole's POV:

I left in the morning before Nova woke up.

Call it habit.

Panic even.

'Can we just lie here and it not have to mean anything' is what she asked me yesterday and I said yeah. Because I could do that for her if she needed.

But it meant something to me and I am such a bloody idiot.

This is literally karma for all the times I smirked down at a girl when she was telling me she caught feelings.

I used to roll my eyes.

Fuck sake.

I also haven't told her I was leaving for a week, we hadn't talked much and yesterday just didn't seem like the time to bring it up. Not that I think she would care.

It would be interesting though, to see her reaction.

I had started to sit with my mates everyday at lunch the past few weeks, it was mainly to stop me smoking. But it was also because I could see Nova, now it felt shitty because she wasn't here and I knew If I wasn't on probation with school I would a hundred percent still be in her bed right now.

"Where's Nove?" Lincoln asks Rose softly and my attention is brought back to the group at her name.

"Home, she's sick." Rose whispers and looks up at Sage. Sage sends her a small smile and then frowns down at her phone.

"What's up with her?" Linc asks and again Rose looks at Sage.

Why are they exchanging so many glances, just say she is tired?

"We aren't a hundred percent sure yet." Rose says and Sage rubs her eyes tiredly.

"Huh?" Lacey interrupts, obviously not afraid to say she had been listening.

Nova and Lacey had become pretty good friends, I think. They talked a lot. Lace was the only one I would see Nova talking to other than Rose and Sage.

"She just had a migraine." Sage intercepts and gives Rose a look, to which Rose rolls her eyes and leans against Lincoln more.

"Yup." Rose says and I glance between them two. There's tension and my eyebrows shoot up at that.

Nova is fine, tired I guess, but she is fine. I don't see why there is this underlying conversation that nobody else seems to be picking up on.

"What is going on." I say, my voice cold and they both look at me shocked.

"Nothing."

"N-nothing."

"Right." I say and stare at them, my eyes narrowing at Rose because I feel like she will give me the explanation whereas Sage will just glower back at me.

"I swear." Rose says looking away and my eyebrows raise.

I look at Sage and she is packing her stuff up. "I am gunna go see James." She announces and I stand up too, not hesitating to follow her out.

"Sage." I say and she continues walking away from me, my amusement spiking when she turns around and sends me an annoyed look.

She looks around the hallway and see's that it is just us and she sighs. "What do you want Cole?"